Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover

38K views 43 replies 23 participants last post by  ALWAYSL8 
#1 ·
Anyone know if the DuDucabike clutch cover will fit the 959

#2 ·
@ibeneil

The 959 engine is actually identical to the 899 engine except it's stroked to make 955cc.

It is a larger version of the engine 899, brought to 955 cc thanks to a stroke lengthened to 60.8 mm, while maintaining the 100 mm bore . Refreshed also the crankshaft, the connecting rods and pistons; unlike the 899 it is used two injectors per cylinder.
Both 899 and 959 clutch casing is one piece where as the 1199/1299 is a two piece magnesium. You would need to buy a 1199/1299 clutch case to fit this Ducabike cover.

Price of parts & coversion

Magnesium Clutch Cover $578.70
Ducabike Clear Cover $343.90

If you want to be sure just contact Claudio at Ducabike. Just be patient his english a little broken since his mother tongue is Italian.

Claudio
DUCABIKE
SPECIAL MOTO PARTS
Via Giusti 8/B
Bologna
Phone: 051.328462
E-mail: ducabike@ducabike.com
MotoWheels actually sell the conversion for the 899/959

Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover And Mag Clutch Case Combo: Ducati 899 Panigale - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum

Hope this helps! ;)

#8 ·
Help with install on 959 ?

Im not sure if this is the right forum, however as title I am installing the ducabike clutch cover along with the pressure plate and spring retainer.

I took off the old cover, pulled out the pressure plate and springs, replaced with the ducabike parts now my bike stalls when put into gear.....

Im guessing I installed the internal parts incorrect, however at this point I do not know what "correct" is. I do not see any alignment marks on the new pressure plate, nor on the clutch housing or basket as some have suggested there should be. The OEM pressure plate has 2 sharpie marks on it, and I guess they could be the alignment marks, but aligned to what??? there are no marks on the housing.....

The clutch lever is much harder to pull now as well..... Does this mean I need to bleed the clutch line?

Any help would be much appreciated..!!!

summary,

I F'd up the clutch with the new parts install leading to:
Hard pull on clutch lever,
stalls when put in gear
how do I ensure proper alignment with no marks....
Will the lever pull go back to normal if the parts are installed correct?
Torque setting on springs?

Please HELP!

#13 ·
Im not sure if this is the right forum, however as title I am installing the ducabike clutch cover along with the pressure plate and spring retainer.

I took off the old cover, pulled out the pressure plate and springs, replaced with the ducabike parts now my bike stalls when put into gear.....

Im guessing I installed the internal parts incorrect, however at this point I do not know what "correct" is. I do not see any alignment marks on the new pressure plate, nor on the clutch housing or basket as some have suggested there should be. The OEM pressure plate has 2 sharpie marks on it, and I guess they could be the alignment marks, but aligned to what??? there are no marks on the housing.....

The clutch lever is much harder to pull now as well..... Does this mean I need to bleed the clutch line?

Any help would be much appreciated..!!!

summary,

I F'd up the clutch with the new parts install leading to:
Hard pull on clutch lever,
stalls when put in gear
how do I ensure proper alignment with no marks....
Will the lever pull go back to normal if the parts are installed correct?
Torque setting on springs?

Please HELP!

What's the update on this?

#12 ·
@ibeneil

The 959 engine is actually identical to the 899 engine except it's stroked to make 955cc.

Both 899 and 959 clutch casing is one piece where as the 1199/1299 is a two piece magnesium. You would need to buy a 1199/1299 clutch case to fit this Ducabike cover.

Price of parts & coversion

Magnesium Clutch Cover $578.70
Ducabike Clear Cover $343.90

If you want to be sure just contact Claudio at Ducabike. Just be patient his english a little broken since his mother tongue is Italian.

MotoWheels actually sell the conversion for the 899/959

Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover And Mag Clutch Case Combo: Ducati 899 Panigale - Ducati 899 Panigale Forum

Hope this helps! ;)
Iv'e got a 959 sitting in my garage with a Red Ducabike clutch cover on it!

It bolts right onto the 959. No conversion needed.

I love it, really makes the bike stand out. (more so than normal :p)

#14 ·
I realized that I did not seat the pressure plate properly. I paid a little more attention to the alignment and all of of a sudden the plate sucked right in and the lever pull was back to normal and all systems were a go! Looks sweet, doesn't leak, doesn't fog but it does add a little noise since the dampening effect has been removed with the OEM cover.

#18 · (Edited)
Beautiful matching combo — hand-in-hand with the red wheels! I don't have the Arctic White Silk and ended up going with the cover in black and the spring retailer in red, which is probably the most typical set spotted by those familiar with the "oilquarium" (as Phil and BellissiMoto call it). I see you also went with the pressure plate in contrasting black... quite pleasant! What made you add that to the bundle? Didn't like the stock plate's metallic look?

#19 ·
The 959 shares the 2pc cover design like the 1199/1299. It also uses the frame sliders the 1199/1299's do because the sliders bolt on to the clutch cover. Whether or not the clutch cover is magnesium or just an aluminum look alike is up to debate.

#24 ·
beansy, I bought mine from the user "taxfreeparts" on eBay for $200 shipped. They gave me a special discount after I negotiated for two weeks... so if you want to go ahead with them, just mention that you heard about the deal from Sina and they should be able to price-match for you (this is simply a discount recommendation, I don't get anything out of this, in case you're wondering, since I've already bought mine). I think that store has all colors available, but I stuck to the original black on red. They ship straight out of Bologna right by the Ducabike HQ.

#27 ·
Sorry about the inattentive lack of clear details... the $200 shipped I had bought my set at, was inclusive of the clear cover and the spring retainer. Looks like Feragne's ~ $420 buy also has the black centerpiece featuring those three brushed etchings in-surround, which is the clutch pressure plate. Wondering whether this part will be my next buy!

#31 ·
@Feragne959 or anyone with all three components (cover, pressure plate, and ring), how's it holding up? Any leaks or whatnot?

Gonna get same combo @Feragne959 has (red/black/red) when I'm not so poor.

#33 ·
Mine is getting condensation build up (depending on the weather here in texas going from cold to hot then back again and also from the cover heating up naturally) enough that when I lean enough to the right, the oil hits the condensation and starts looking milky for a little bit. I have also noticed 2 different mornings about a week between that there is a very small area on bottom inside lip of the cover that is milky looking. still new to the bike life and never gotten much experience with maintenance on a vehicle except for changing the oil or something like that so I probably am to blame but i went ahead to be safe and ordered a new gasket and bolts since neither looked to be in great condition when i took em out and put em back in. If anyone can shed light on the matter i'm all ears. thanks! really liking this community of brothers looking out and helping one another.

Attachments

#34 ·
From what I've read, that's normal for wet clutches; easy to see with clear covers.

#35 ·
The condensation and resulting milky appearance is normal and nothing to worry about.

Reactions: telperion
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.