Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

959 Track Fairings

26K views 41 replies 13 participants last post by  rrcap2001 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to ask the question about track fairings. Been searching around for 1299 fairings (which I'm assuming is compatible) and only found a couple of obscure recommendations and vendors. Here's what I found:

Anyone have experience with buying a set of track fairings for 959/1299? I'm just curious.

#3 ·
I've raced 250 GP bikes for 20 years, Yam TZ250's and Honda RS250's. Done a bit of GP45 racing here in the UK. ( 450 Motocross bikes converted into road racers ). Currently racing a little ZXR400 I built from a box of bits in F400. The 959 will race in the "Sound of Thunder " series. Just club level but still cut throat. Basically big twins vs 675 triples. It's going to be a lot of fun.

It seems the 959 has no true race plastics, just the ducati track plastics which aren't strong enough for racing.
I have bought the 899/1199 race plastics, front sub-frame
and race air scoops as I've been told the standard ones where too restrictive.

First issue will be whether the 899 race air filter will fit, will let you know.

I will look into the throttle spacer, the gearing I expected to be way too tall. We only have a couple big booming tracks here, ( Silverstone and Thruxton ) the rest are all scratchers tracks.

The aim is to get out before the end of this season for a shakedown test and race a full season next year.
Will keep you all updated.
Changing out subframe(s) will put you on 1199 pieces. Not to mention the awesome lightweight aftermarket sub frames available.

#6 ·
I ordered bodywork from Moto Xp Ricambi. They will do custom paint and decals, and it is only a week urn around.
ECS suggested them. They said they have used their stuff before, and it is of good quality.
I was in touch with Armour Bodies months ago, and they told me mid fall.

#7 ·
Nice! I'm guessing pretty recently? I'd love to hear how it is.

#16 ·
Hey @rrcap2001,

How did the MotoXP set turn out for your 959?

#34 ·
#21 ·
bump. armour bodies will not be making a set of 1299/959 fairings...

MotoXP

CRC

Sebimoto

these are the places currently offering 959/1299 specific fairings. I'll dig in on the Ducati Coventry ones and see whats going on there.

This is not entirely true. Idk how many sets they plan on making, but they were in contact with me about two weeks ago asking if I wanted one of three sets that were sending over. They called me because I was one of the first people to contact them about a set last summer. Told them I went another direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#31 ·
Armour bodies update*

I recieved my armour bodies kit for my 959 and it turns out the intake is smaller on the 959 than the 1299 so you will need to dremel the snorkel to make it fit. Once dremeled it will work just fine.

Im in the middle of mounting my armour bodies fairings on my 959 right now and once i get the decals done and get the bodywork all mounted up ill post some photos

#32 ·
Armour bodies update*

I recieved my armour bodies kit for my 959 and it turns out the intake is smaller on the 959 than the 1299 so you will need to dremel the snorkel to make it fit. Once dremeled it will work just fine.

Im in the middle of mounting my armour bodies fairings on my 959 right now and once i get the decals done and get the bodywork all mounted up ill post some photos

How about some pics of the dremeled area to show us what you've had to do to make it fit...

#40 ·
Who does?

last question, what did you do with the metal bar that comes with the fairing kit? Is it for the bottom of the fairings? I have the same kit, but obviously, no instructions.

The bar is for the 1299, not needed with the 959.
I got my plug kit from the dealer I bring my bike to. Check Ducati Omaha, they should have it on their site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.