Ducati Premier Financing 2017 959 Paniagale - Ducati 959 Panigale Forum
 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 9
Ducati Premier Financing 2017 959 Paniagale

Wanted advice.

A dealer is quoting 18K OTD for a New 2017 959 Panigale. This includes tax, DMV, freight, and setup.

This is quoted by a Ducati dealership in the US. This ridiculous considering I have 800+ credit and am looking at the Ducati Premier Finance.

I was quoted a $275 monthly payment and this including $500 MSRP + a friend is buying another 959 with me.

I think I'm going to shop around and walk away.

Does this seem accurate or has anybody else had experience with the Ducati Premier Finance? It's similar to the BMW easy ride.
bluevacuum is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 11:26 PM
Senior Member
 
DJ Shrug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 392
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevacuum View Post
Wanted advice.

A dealer is quoting 18K OTD for a New 2017 959 Panigale. This includes tax, DMV, freight, and setup.

This is quoted by a Ducati dealership in the US. This ridiculous considering I have 800+ credit and am looking at the Ducati Premier Finance.

I was quoted a $275 monthly payment and this including $500 MSRP + a friend is buying another 959 with me.

I think I'm going to shop around and walk away.

Does this seem accurate or has anybody else had experience with the Ducati Premier Finance? It's similar to the BMW easy ride.
Your credit doesn't really have anything to do with how much the dealership quotes you for a 959. The interest rate on financing whatever was quoted is the only thing that should be affected by your credit. What APR did they quote you?

Where are you? 18k doesn't seem outrageous for beginning of the year sales. The first 4 or so prices that are posted in the pricing thread for 2016 models range between 15k-18k USD. Throughout the year, the average price for the 2016 model based on what's posted here comes to 16.6k USD OTD (median is 16.5k).

2016 AWS 959 Panigale - Sato Racing Sliders | T-Rex Axle Sliders | Dieci83 Radiator Guards | Techspec Tankpads | NRC FEK | NRC Mirror Block Offs | CRG Arrow Mirror | TWM Brake Lever Guard | Ducabike Gen 1 Rearsets
DJ Shrug is online now  
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 11:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Dingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA
Posts: 1,148
Garage
@DJ Shrug is right about your credit score - When I purchased mine back in April 2016 the dealer told me if I had better credit, I was A rated, with A+ I would only save half a percentage point on the financing. I ended up negotiating a 5.49% interest rate.

2016 White Ducati 959 Panigale
Dingo is online now  
 
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 12:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 187
i think im paying 5.5% too and bought mine in august.

2016 959 Panigale
Rinzlr is online now  
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 9
Thanks for the replies guys.

They're charging me about $1400 for a crate and setup. I think that's absolutely ridiculous.

Do you think that's negotiable or could be waived?

TBH, the sales guy has been really sloppy with me considering me and a buddy are considering buying bikes. We both have excellent credit scores and long job histories. They've already pulled both of our credit scores.

I feel like he's dicking around with 2 serious buyers and I want to take my business elsewhere.
Kevin.H likes this.
bluevacuum is offline  
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 01:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Dingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA
Posts: 1,148
Garage
@bluevacuum - tell him that... you can easily walk into the next dealership and walk out with 2 bikes - you don't Have to get them from him!

2016 White Ducati 959 Panigale
Dingo is online now  
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 9
I'll keep you guys posted. Will be doing some shopping around tomorrow.

Hopefully we negotiate a better deal or find a better deal elsewhere.
bluevacuum is offline  
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 07:01 AM
Senior Member
 
sinjin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 239
$1400 for freight and prep is absurd. With both of you buying, they should wave it or just have you pay < $400 for freight. Someone else on the forum was quoted 2.99% which seems attainable for you with your credit.

I would definately shop around... where are you located?

In addition, any upgrades that you purchase with the bike or typically within the 30 following the deal should be discounted as well - at least 15%.

I have not paid freight or prep on any of my bikes and avoid many of the Mickey Mouse fees (franchise tax - which isn't really a tax) by usually dealing direct with the sales manager or GM.

If they won't work with you, go elsewhere.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders


2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP Wheels, Yoshimura R-55 LE Exhaust, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, Bonamici Rearsets, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools
sinjin is online now  
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 09:28 AM
Member
 
TVGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 86
I got 0% from Ducati Finance in October with an 800+ credit score, I know that offer went through the end of the year, don't know if they have it any more.

The set up fee is very high, but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get much if any off MSRP for the bike itself.
TVGuy is online now  
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
$1400 for freight and prep is absurd. With both of you buying, they should wave it or just have you pay < $400 for freight. Someone else on the forum was quoted 2.99% which seems attainable for you with your credit.

I would definately shop around... where are you located?

In addition, any upgrades that you purchase with the bike or typically within the 30 following the deal should be discounted as well - at least 15%.

I have not paid freight or prep on any of my bikes and avoid many of the Mickey Mouse fees (franchise tax - which isn't really a tax) by usually dealing direct with the sales manager or GM.

If they won't work with you, go elsewhere.

That's what I'm thinking. I'll try speaking to the GM. This sales rep seems inexperienced and playing way too many games with 2 serious buyers.

I'm located in SoCal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVGuy View Post
I got 0% from Ducati Finance in October with an 800+ credit score, I know that offer went through the end of the year, don't know if they have it any more.

The set up fee is very high, but I wouldn't be surprised if you don't get much if any off MSRP for the bike itself.
I checked multiple ducati websites and they're advertising 3.99%-4.99%. This is really upsetting me because this rep is quoting me 5.99% and telling me that's the lowest rate period. He did say it's $500 off MSRP but with a $1400 crate and setup fee, seems like a bunch of smoke.

Something isn't adding up and I wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience.
bluevacuum is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Ducati 939 Super Sport Thread Kevin.H Other Bikes Discussion 55 05-31-2017 01:21 PM
2017 Ducati 1299 Panigale S Anniversario avigil Other Bikes Discussion 5 07-06-2016 11:50 PM
2017 Ducati 939 Supersport S DarR 959 Panigale General Discussion 1 07-06-2016 12:10 PM
Official: Lorenzo Switching To Ducati In 2017 959 Panigale News 959 Panigale News 7 04-28-2016 06:47 PM
New 2017 959 Panigale S $18,499 DarR 959 Panigale Dealers & Pricing 11 04-27-2016 10:09 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.