Exhaust modifications - Ducati 959 Panigale Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Exhaust modifications

I'm just curious if anyone has done any modifications to their exhaust instead of going the Akro route. i.e. catalytic converter delete, changing out pipes from an 1199/1299, etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 08:45 PM

considering the 1299 has an identical exhaust system that wont make a difference. Termi, Arrow, SC Project, Akra, Comp Werks all make exhausts for the 959
Ghettobird likes this.

2016 959 Panigale
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 11:48 PM

Garage
There's tons of people that work with Phl (one of the mods of Ducati1299.org) to get their exhaust cored with dyno-backed results. Phl's signature states: "/modded exhaust for 899/1199:$450 /959/1299:$550 - more flow, more sound, less heat"

Here's the thread: For Sale: stock exhaust core service - Ducati 1299 Forum

On this site, @rrcap2001 did it to his trackbike, but eventually switched to full Akro's(?). Here's the thread with a dyno chart for ants: 959 Coring and dyno.
Ghettobird, Kevin.H and Aldo like this.

2016 AWS 959 Panigale - Sato Racing Sliders | T-Rex Axle Sliders | Dieci83 Radiator Guards | Techspec Tankpads | NRC FEK | NRC Mirror Block Offs | CRG Arrow Mirror | TWM Brake Lever Guard | Ducabike Gen 1 Rearsets

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Shrug View Post
There's tons of people that work with Phl (one of the mods of Ducati1299.org) to get their exhaust cored with dyno-backed results. Phl's signature states: "/modded exhaust for 899/1199:$450 /959/1299:$550 - more flow, more sound, less heat"

Here's the thread: For Sale: stock exhaust core service - Ducati 1299 Forum

On this site, @rrcap2001 did it to his trackbike, but eventually switched to full Akro's(?). Here's the thread with a dyno chart for ants: 959 Coring and dyno.
What's the best option exhaust available for 959?

I found no full system on termi site, akra site just redirect to ducati website.

In Vietnam, I also asked the dealer, they said to me that only akra available, but the price seems too high:

- 4022$ for slip-on
- 6055$ for full system

Panigale 959 2016 - Red
  • EP Radiator Guard
  • DP Brake Lever Guard
  • Shock Sox Fork Seal Protectors
  • R&G Crash Protectors
  • Throttle Spacers
  • NRC Mirror Block Off Turn Signals
  • CRG Arrow Bar End Mirror
  • DP Carbon Tank Protector

Ninja 300 ABS 2016 KRT
  • Akrapovic slip-on
  • Accossato Radial Brake Master Cylinder Integrated Oil Reservoir
  • Accossato Radial Clutch Master Cylinder
  • Woodrige Banjo Bolt
  • Barracuda Racing Grips
  • CNC Racing Handlebar End Extralight
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuonglm View Post
What's the best option exhaust available for 959?

I found no full system on termi site, akra site just redirect to ducati website.

In Vietnam, I also asked the dealer, they said to me that only akra available, but the price seems too high:

- 4022$ for slip-on

- 6055$ for full system
Akrapovic has an agreement with Ducati to only sell through Ducati dealers. That "exclusivity" allows them to command a high price. you can find these from other Akra dealers at a slightly lower price than a Ducati dealer. Termignoni already has the forward exit full system available for a while already. For the euro version 959, you have options from SC Project, Austin Racing, and other independents for slip-ons. If you don't mind having the side mounted muffler you can have a fabricator make a midpipe in order for you to remove the catalytic converter. If you do you'll be surprised how heavy the stock exhaust system is! That's what I did to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cuonglm likes this.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Akrapovic has an agreement with Ducati to only sell through Ducati dealers. That "exclusivity" allows them to command a high price. you can find these from other Akra dealers at a slightly lower price than a Ducati dealer. Termignoni already has the forward exit full system available for a while already. For the euro version 959, you have options from SC Project, Austin Racing, and other independents for slip-ons. If you don't mind having the side mounted muffler you can have a fabricator make a midpipe in order for you to remove the catalytic converter. If you do you'll be surprised how heavy the stock exhaust system is! That's what I did to mine.
Thanks.

Would you please give me the link to termignoni full system?

I visited their website but can not found the full system for 959, only slip-on.

Panigale 959 2016 - Red
  • EP Radiator Guard
  • DP Brake Lever Guard
  • R&G Crash Protectors
  • Throttle Spacers

Ninja 300 ABS 2016 KRT
  • Akrapovic slip-on
  • Woodrige Banjo Bolt
  • Barracuda Racing Grips
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Thanks.

Would you please give me the link to termignoni full system?

I visited their website but can not found the full system for 959, only slip-on.
https://bellissimoto-2.myshopify.com...-1299-panigale

This should provide you options to choose from.

The benefit of having the DP Akrapovic system is that you receive an upmap key along with the exhaust. Kits not purchased through Ducati do not come with these provided.
cuonglm likes this.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP Wheels, Yoshimura R-55 LE Exhaust, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, Bonamici Rearsets, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Which is the rub...

2016 Panigale 959
2012 Panigale 1199 (Track Only)
2001 Monster S4
2010 Aprilia SR50 Factory
2013 Beta 300 RR
Previous Bikes:
01 M750
01 748 S
03 749 S
08 848
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
https://bellissimoto-2.myshopify.com...-1299-panigale

This should provide you options to choose from.

The benefit of having the DP Akrapovic system is that you receive an upmap key along with the exhaust. Kits not purchased through Ducati do not come with these provided.
Thanks.

So without the upmap key, can I reflash 959 ECU? Does termi have the map for it?

Actually, spending 6k$ (1/5 959 price in VN) for full exhaust is just ridiculous, I would spend that money for another bike (ZX10RR, which is my plan before switching to 959).

Panigale 959 2016 - Red
  • EP Radiator Guard
  • DP Brake Lever Guard
  • R&G Crash Protectors
  • Throttle Spacers

Ninja 300 ABS 2016 KRT
  • Akrapovic slip-on
  • Woodrige Banjo Bolt
  • Barracuda Racing Grips
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Thanks.

So without the upmap key, can I reflash 959 ECU? Does termi have the map for it?

Actually, spending 6k$ (1/5 959 price in VN) for full exhaust is just ridiculous, I would spend that money for another bike (ZX10RR, which is my plan before switching to 959).
Yes, you have the option of a dyno tune and flash, Rexxer, Tuneboy, or what many would suggest, go with RapidBike.

The way the upmap works is, Ducati loads the stock and race maps on the ECU at the time of build and then the upmap key unlocks the race map.

The rear exit Termignoni was what the race map on the 899 and 1199 was optimized for, but the race map on the 959 and 1299 were meant to be used with the Akrapovic system.

There is a Termignoni device called the T800 which allows you to download ( 1st one free - then for a fee ) and apply alternate maps by using an app on your mobile. However, it has only just been released and the last time I looked in to it, the map availability was quite limited. You may want to investigate this option further if you have any interest.
cuonglm likes this.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP Wheels, Yoshimura R-55 LE Exhaust, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, Bonamici Rearsets, R&G Sliders and Rear Spools

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page