Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Paddock stand for 959

13K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Yondu 
#1 ·
Hi guys, today I bought the Evotech Bobbins and a Daytona paddock stand for the rear tire.

I was very happy with the GP look of this stand.

Unfortunately the hight is not good, as the bike lifts only a inch or so. I guess the stand is too low (picture attached), because the rear tire cannot move freely when on the paddock.

Can you please recommend a specific paddock stand, so I can order a proper one?

Many thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
@Ghettobird, thanks!

Pretty expensive stand I must say. Even without the taxes I need to pay when ordering to be delivered in Europe.

Any alternatives?

#5 ·
Can you please recommend a specific paddock stand, so I can order a proper one?
Pretty expensive stand I must say. Even without the taxes I need to pay when ordering to be delivered in Europe.
Pitbull stands really aren't that expensive. Considering the fact that almost any mod done to our 959s is about the cost of a Pitbull stand, just make the investment.

But to try and help you out, have you looked into other stands are available that doesn't require international delivery? Hard to help since there's really just a couple of paddock stand manufacturers that stand out (Pitbull, Ducati Perf, T-Rex, Oxford, Vortex, Lightech, Woodcraft).

I've never heard any horror stories about cheap paddock stands, so you could try out some no-name off eBay or Alibaba for very cheap.

#15 · (Edited)
@Pascal
I would agree with what @Dingo suggested. There must be an easy way to make that stand work since you already have it.
As much as I favor Pitt-Bull's, you already have the stand like @dougo1199 wrote where adding larger wheels on the outside should solve your issue inexpensively. In-line skate wheels would be smooth as @Dingo suggested but casters should work also if you need more height.

#9 ·
Thanks! Good idea.

Today I checked if I could return the Daytona paddock stand. At the store I noticed a differend stand. This one is actually able to be adjusted in hight as well!

So I swopped it (picture attached).

The brand is: "Kern-Stabi". Its a bit less sexy, but does do the trick and is stable.

I like the ease of use how to make it wider within one second. You can even detach in two pieces for compact transportation.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.