Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

Single Sided Swing Arm ...

118K views 182 replies 39 participants last post by  Jucati 959 corse 
#1 ·
First let's start off by saying this : I bought a 959 Panigale
Cause it's the bike I wanted so don't bother saying ( why didn't you just buy a 1299 ) I would have bought one if that's was the bike I wanted ...

So that being said : Tomorrow I start on the venture of converting
My double sided swing arm into a single sided swing ,
The reason for this 1st I love the look of the SSSA
2nd I want to run a bigger tire 3rd and foremost it will look bad *** 😎

Can't wait till its done , the cost isn't bad , and for all the new mods

#25 ·
This build shouldn't be to much longer as all the part have been order now just waiting on shipping , The why i believe i said in the very first post 3 reason in fact , plus geometry of the bike everything you do outside of stock oem things or parts change the geometry if you did 180/55 tire not the 180/60 that came on it if you changed the exhaust if you changed wheels and body pieces or headlamps changes the geometry as its not what they tested when they designed the bike , and for the suspension system surgery not needed as everything will bolt up in the same location no modification
needed ....

#28 ·
Yeah, I read the OP. And again, this is just me being curious. I think you have an interesting project going on and I'd like to know more about it. That's all. No judgement, just a conversation. I hear you when you say that everything you do changes the geometry, but I don't think that's quite right. Some things, like a headlamp change, won't change the geometry. That requires a change to the bike that results in a change to the rake, trail, height, and/or weight. Something like, say, a swingarm and rear suspension. Essentially you're re-engineering the bike. So I'm really interested in things like what will the change be in the spring, damping, and frictional forces? Will the rebound angle change? Will spring rate change? Will you have to do anything to the swingarm angle to compensate for anti-squat? Like I said, I think this a cool project - I'm just a geek for this stuff, I guess. I'm always interested in the process with these big suspension related projects. Where .2 mm makes the difference between rideable and unrideable, it's cool to hear what problems/issues arose and how they got resolved. Besides, who knows who else on this forum might want to do this type of project? It's good to have a man on point to guide the rest of us. :smile2:

Reactions: Kevin.H and Dingo
#32 ·
Thanks

I'm perusing the web for one and just wanted to be looking for the right thing.

Just seeing what kind of cost I'm gonna incur from used part acquisitions.