Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

New Full Termignoni System

12K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  CB519 
#1 ·
Brand new, still in packaging, full termignoni exhaust system for 899/959/1199/1299 Panigale.

**Does NOT include upmap or carbon fiber heat shield.

$1,675 + 3% PayPal fee delivered in the lower 48.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That's a heck of a deal if it's not a scam. Questionable since it's a first post.

#4 ·
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you're right.

That having been said, I'd be extremely skeptical about this deal, as:

1) First time post by someone that just registered on the forum.

2) Cost is too good to be true. (Close to $4000 is the typical price one can find)

3) He says it doesn't include the CF heat shield, but it's in the picture he posted. Obviously not his pic then.

4) Hasn't responded to my original post about it being a scam.

#6 ·
Wow guys, kinda lame to get on here and start bashing people you know nothing about. If you have questions, pm or ask them. I'm a long time member on the 899 site as I have an 899 race only bike. I just picked up a 959 and signed up for this site as well. I've bought and sold a ton of parts on the other.

As for the exhaust, as long as you're installing the full system, like this one, it's fits all panigale models. If you only install the slip ons, you need the adapter y-pipe to account for the difference in the pipe diameter.

The metal heat shield is pictured, the carbon part is not because it was damaged. I ended up getting an Akrapovic system which is the only reason this one is for sale.

If you have other questions, feel free to pm me.

#9 ·
Apologies, I was skeptical from experience dealing with other forums. It's been my experience that someone creating an account and posting something for sale that is a really good deal is a scam. Once you didn't reply to the first post, it drew more suspicion. Once again, I apologize.

#11 ·
At the risk of being skeptical, I'm questioning why isn't this pkg available or even documented on Termignoni's websiteunder all Panigales' and specifically the 959 for this particular interest?

#12 ·
My understanding is that termi didn't do an upmap for the 959 for this system like they did for the 899. Most people who are installing full systems without an upmap are getting their ecu reflashed or, like me, install a rapid bike module.

You can call any knowledgeable Ducati tech or Termi distributor and they will tell you the Termi bolts up to the 899/959/1199 & 1299. The difference between the 899 and 959 is the diameter of the header pipes. However, the linear dimensions, mounting points and size of the flanges on the exhaust manifolds is the same.

#13 ·
When this full exhaust was released, it was composed of a kit with the 1199 upmap only... in fact it initially came with a Sprint filter.

The slip on was available for the 899 with a model specific upmap as was the 1199 slip on kit.

When the 959 and 1299 was released, Ducati signed an agreement with Akrapovic to become the DP supplier and kits were sold specific to these models. In response, Termignoni developed the front exit exhaust and the rear exit model was pretty much at end of life and was not intended to be sold as separate components... possibly a licensing deal with Ducati since they were only available in the US from Ducati authorized distributors.

However, I suppose that through various purchases, installs, and for what ever reason, some of the original kits are likely floating around and since the headers of the full systems mate with any Panigale model, they can be fitted to remove the cats on the 959/1299 and Euro 959 to replace the cats and side exhaust.

Since this was not really intended to be marketed to the latter bike, I would imagine that Termignoni is focusing their efforts on the front exit.

I don't want to put words in @CB519 's mouth, but I suspect that this kit initially came with the 1199 upmap.

https://www.pure-ducati.com/p-5038-ducati-1199-panigale-termignoni-full-exhaust-96480141a.aspx

#16 ·
Rinzlr,

Where are you seeing the $2400 MSRP version? The $3900 version linked above is a steel header.

#17 ·
#18 ·
Motowheels - $2395: Termignoni Ducati Panigale Titanium/Steel Full Exhaust System 1199/1199S

AMS Ducati - $3350: https://amsducati.com/termignoni-ducati-1199-panigale-full-exhaust

Pure Ducati - $3941: Ducati 1199 Panigale Termignoni Full Exhaust

Motowheels' listing is only one that states no upmap. That +1k just the upmap? All have steel headers and a titanium sleeve.

Yeah, that's a wide variance of pricing. When I was looking a while back I saw the Akra system without upmap for a much lower price too. Interesting.

#20 ·
For what it's worth...if your looking for a full system, you're likely interested in improving the overall performance of the bike. No upmap is needed, or compares, if you install a rapid bike evo.

I have the rapid bike evo installed on my 899 track bike (& ordered one for my 959) and it's worth every penny of the five hundred and change price tag. The self adjusting feature alone is worth it if you are making modifications on a piece by piece basis.

#21 ·
I'll second that. The Rapid Bike Evo module is well worth it. I have it installed with the forward facing Termi slips and it's outstanding.

For the price you have these listed and add in the Rapid Bike, you can't beat it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.