Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

What did you do to your Ducati 959 Panigale today?

65K views 179 replies 57 participants last post by  Kiwihame 
#1 ·
Share what you did today with the 959 Panigale community!

Example: I took her out of the garage and gave her a nice bath and followed up with a coat of wax.

Example: Finally received my Termingnoni exhaust, going to spend sometime with the install.

Example: Took her for a quick ride around the block and went back to sleep.

Anything goes....

See less See more
#2 ·
Over the weekend I installed the Werks Eliminator. I was looking for something that was minimal so as to not interrupt the beautiful lines that this *** has... I don't ever use blinkers on the road and local laws in Fla don't require them. I do plan to get an integrated tail light down the road once all the other updates are done... not part of my critical path list. Just as a heads up this is listed for 899 / 1199 / 1299 but it does fit the 959... not sure why our bike was omitted...

Attachments

#3 ·
I rode the snot out of mine today. It was hot (OAT only about 72'f), really hot. The temp was in the 215'f range most of the second 20 miles. My legs were pretty warm wearing Revit jeans. Passed 1000 miles this afternoon. I really like the bike a great deal but I don't think the guys expecting it to be much cooler than the 1299 will find that to be true.

Good times.

#4 ·
Here's a list and pic's of my stage 1 mods:

R&G Racing engine sliders
Front and Rear axle sliders
Pazzo short folding levers with On-The-Fly adjusters
Throttle spacers
Front Micro & Mini USB and Rear (under-seat) USB/SAE power
Telferizer Ram ball base
Ram-Mount GPS bracket
Ducati Performance lower radiator guard
Rim logo/decals
Personalized plate

Attachments

Reactions: Dingo
#32 ·
DarR what brand axle sliders are those? I figured R&G, but they're not on the R&G site. Cancelling my order for EVOTECH sliders. I would like to see a picture of your radiator guard, but no big deal. (I ordered an EVOTECH radiator guard.) How is the clutch pull with the PAZZO shorty levers? (I am assuming that you did not change the clutch fluid reservoir.) Lastly, cool mods!!

#5 ·
Latest Mods

I need to get new pics taken. Today it got washed.

My short list of mods

NRC Fender Eliminator
Ducati Comfort Seat
Bar Ends (since replaced them with the factory to reduce vibration)
Grips
Proti Titanium faring, gas cap, and screen screw set
Tank protector

#6 ·
I need to get new pics taken. Today it got washed.

My short list of mods

NRC Fender Eliminator
Ducati Comfort Seat
Bar Ends (since replaced them with the factory to reduce vibration)
Grips
Proti Titanium faring, gas cap, and screen screw set
Tank protector
Pics please. This is good sharing stuff!

#9 ·
I got the floor direct from the manufacturer. They have a tool on their site that lets you do designs and gives you the tile breakdown. More affordable than epoxy and goes down in about 90 minutes for a two car garage (less any cuts you might need to do)

racedeck.com

Super nice people to deal with too.

#17 ·
#20 ·
Just installed a set of black and red Progrip 717's. Excited to see how they are, couldn't take the stockers any longer after ~1700miles as they were just too hard. Next to come will be a rear seat cowl and probably a Rapid Bike Evo.

#21 ·
I added a lowering kit. Unfortunately I'm only 5'5 in height and Ducati has always been a dream bike for me.

When I went to purchase it the sales person stated he was not aware of any lowering kits for Panigale. He pulled up a couple sights and boom he told me I was in luck. I thought for sure I wasn't going to be able to get it.

Just purchased my Panigale on Monday and I will be picking up the bike this Friday. It's taking forever for Friday to get here. We are supposed to have somewhat fair weather unless it all changes. Never know about the weather in Ohio.

The lowering kit is by Soupys Performance and allows upto a 4" drop. I only plan on doing about a 1.5" drop. Well that's the plan, we will make final adjustments when I get there to pick it up. I wished I didn't have to lower it I really really wished I didn't have to do this, but I haven't been blessed with long legs but atleast I'm able to get the bike I've always wanted and hope this small drop won't affect handling too much. I don't plan on taking it to the track. This is just something to take short road trips on beautiful days, I hope it will still handle curves well.

My last bike was a 250 ninja... which height wasn't an issue with it. On the Panigale only my toes are flat on the ground, so I'm hoping that 1" or 1.5" will be enough. My worries is the roadway and my drive way... I hope this won't be an issue. I haven't had a chance to see how much clearance I'll have from the ground after a 1" or 1.5" drop.

Question... Anyone have any experience with bikes lowered and how much impact it makes on the handling. Would love to get some input on this before my drive home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 · (Edited)
Question... Anyone have any experience with bikes lowered and how much impact it makes on the handling. Would love to get some input on this before my drive home.
I know I'm not really answering your question, but have you had a look at boots that have a bit of lift in them... check out Daytona M-Star on Revzilla. That may mean less lowering is needed, or maybe even no lowering.

#24 · (Edited)
Changing the height could have a major impact on how the bike handles, if all parts are not factored into the equation. Don't leave the dealership without them setting up the sag correct for your weight! Don't let them just install the part and have them tell you they lowered it... You need to work with the mechanic getting on/off the bike so he can set up the rear suspension properly for your weight after setting the height. And then the front should compensate slightly as well. Suspension is a science but don't let it scare you!

edit...

How much do you weigh? The yellow coil spring has several different versions for different weights - the bike comes with a spring to compensate for 180-190 pound rider. If you're 150-160 pounds you'll need the spring to compensate - something the dealer should swap for you.

#25 ·
I weigh 148. I was unaware of the different spring. I did notice there is a screw that allows to adjust something in that suspension. Can you elaborate a little more on this. I will ask about that tomorrow as well. Also about this spring.... What happens when I have a passenger riding of similar weight?

Reference the links, they were going to install them and make final adjustments when I show up.

#28 ·
OK, so don't sweat it just yet!...on Saturday, take pics, go thru the dash setup with the salesman, set up the rear shock with the tech, set the Mode to Sport and ride away like a knight in shining armor!

during the 620 miles before your first service, read the manual and write down all the current settings for the suspension and system (EBC, DTC, etc) - learn about the bike - after your first service you'll definitely know whether to have changes made to the suspension that would involve the tech at Ducati, but be sure to let them know you'll be back to have it dialed in by them once you settle into it

#29 ·
I really appreciate your feedback. I will make sure I stipulate that on Saturday. My biggest worry was the bike handling was going to be thrown off by front not being lowered. I'm sure the tech guy knows what he's doing and talking about.

Unfortunately I won't have a before and after handling experience to know if the bike is handling worse or better. I believe one owner on here ABSESSIVE stated they did a 1" in rear drop and .75" in front.

What should I expect from the handling aspect if the front is higher than the rear? What if rear is higher than front how does the bike react? I'll probably be throwing similar questions at the tech but still would like feedback from the actual users if possible to have some knowledge when I walk in Saturday.

Anything I should be looking for in specific during that 620 miles reference handling so I will know if front needs lowered or not when I come back for the service.

Sorry for having so many questions but I'm as green as green can get with this bike and I appreciate everyone's patience and hope to return the favor to new members down the road as well.

#30 ·
here's a good read to get your mind in check with the suspension

you've ridden before - it'll all come back to you real quick as soon as you push off... depending on your level of cajones, it may take you longer to feel comfortable in the seat is all - you'll love it right out of the box, for sure!

the quick of it is this... raising or lowering the geometry will make the bike turn slower or quicker, depending on what's raised/lowered and by how much

#31 ·
Installed NRC block offs and realized I couldn't mount my bar end on the inside the way I wanted or it would hit something at full lock. Going to order a blindsight but for now wanted to keep it legal so I did a quick custom job [emoji23]

#33 · (Edited)
@SSMOKE
Thanks for the compliment. I like to buy quality stuff but I made a mistake with those axle sliders which I bought on Aliexpress. They don't fit right and tried to get a refund to no avail. I taped the inside to tighten them up. Fortunately, they're not strategic like brake levers or safety gear. Stay away from Ali junk especially leathers. They're bootleg. I bought a 2nd pair of Taichi gloves thinking they were the same as what I had previously purchased from my dealer and those "Ali" Taichi's had no more protection than dusting gloves. I donated them to my dealer for him to show future customers the difference.

Evotech is quality. They're service is awesome also. I have their tail tidy's on both bikes. I like the fact that they look "factory" using stock signal light and reflectors. I just don't want to get pulled-over by a zealous LEO. The Pazzo short levers are one of the two most important mods I've made. No fluid change is needed but I had my dealer install them for safety issues. They fit precision tight with no play. The second most important mod which is also the cheapest are throttle spacers. Those made a big difference for me. The DP radiator guard is nearly invisible. You just don't know it's there. I have an updated list and some photos of most of the mods in my garage on this site.

Reactions: SSMOKE
#35 · (Edited)
@DarR : What is the product code for Ram-Mount product?

Also, do you know any product which is mounted to steering plate like attached picture.
1) Although I use the ball for a RamMount GPS bracket, neither of the two ball base on the Panigale are RamMount products.
One is a BuyBits Handlebar end mounted Ball and the other is a Telferizer Ram Ball.

I posted extensively on the topic where one post of interest for you would be this one:

http://www.959panigale.net/forum/wh...5-low-profile-phone-mount-made.html#post56634

2) The product which is mounted to steering plate on the right in your attached picture definitely looks like a RamMount product.

Reactions: cuonglm
#37 · (Edited)
A bit of R&G and GBRacing protection installed a couple of weekends ago.

Not a small job. Took me most of the day.
- Crash sliders
- Engine case covers
- Bar ends
- Spindles front and rear
- Steering stop protectors

Lots of bolts come out of the engine covers to install the crash protectors, and get replaced with longer ones. It's not leaking yet, but I'm keeping a close eye on it.
The left side GBRacing cover does touch the inside of the fairing.

Now I better eat a bit more healthy to lose the couple of kilo's my bike just gained.

Attachments

#41 ·
This weekend, I lubed the chain for the first time. Borrowed a friend's rear stand to lift up the back and went to town on the chain. Also used a matte detailer on the bike to wipe out all the bugs from a 200 mile round trip from the Friday before, which was also the longest trip I've done on it.

Reactions: gatesb77
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.