Techspec Xline tank grips - Ducati 959 Panigale Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2019, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Anyone have/had these? I've seen complaints that the microfiber material traps dirt and dust easily and starts to look dingy after awhile. I actually ordered a set and haven't opened the package yet and can see already that the exposed portion in the package has started to collect particles. I want to know if they are easy to clean before I exchange them for the snake skin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2019, 04:06 AM

I dont have experience with them personally but Iíve been told to stay away from the x-line and get the snake skin. Problem is all the bikes I see with the snakeskins or any tech spec for that matter, they are peeling off and look like trash. Iím in a dilema because I want some tank grips, Iím leaning towards trying the eazy grips or r g racing ones (same thing). I donít really like how thick the tech specs are and the center tank pad looks like poop. I may try stomp grips, they seem to stick better from what I see. Canít make up my mind, the bike looks so clean without them but I want the grip.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:01 AM

I have them they are excellent, the snake skin isn't nearly as good as the XLine. I dont really care how they look, they work great. the pointy ends closest to you do peel up a bit due to heavy breaking at he ends of straights, but I just put tape over the corners.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:59 AM

Garage
I love the XLine. I currently have stomp grips (previous owner installed) but have a set of XLine to go on. Had them on my last bike for 10s of thousands of miles and they never came up.

Not hard to clean IMO.

~*Jessika*~
2014 899 Panigale - 83,xxx miles - RIP 9/2/18
2014 899 Panigale - 15,xxx miles and counting
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Honda VFR800
2017 KTM 690 Enduro
Old 06-17-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKani View Post
I have them they are excellent, the snake skin isn't nearly as good as the XLine. I dont really care how they look, they work great. the pointy ends closest to you do peel up a bit due to heavy breaking at he ends of straights, but I just put tape over the corners.
If you donít mind me asking, why are x-lines better? Iím getting ready to pull the trigger on some tank grips because they are needed. Function is most important but I want it to look good too, I canít help it.
I was told snake skins are better as they are more durable and have better grip but I have no experience with them to know, I just know I need some grip on the tank.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCLR8TN View Post
I love the XLine. I currently have stomp grips (previous owner installed) but have a set of XLine to go on. Had them on my last bike for 10s of thousands of miles and they never came up.

Not hard to clean IMO.
Good to know, I may try the tech specs, Iím probably overthinking it. Worse case I can just pull them off and put new ones on.

Off topic but: what happened to the R.I.P 899 with 80k plus miles?
Also what part of ne Ohio? I grew up in portage county, little town called Windham
Old 06-18-2019, 01:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa g View Post
Good to know, I may try the tech specs, Iím probably overthinking it. Worse case I can just pull them off and put new ones on.

Off topic but: what happened to the R.I.P 899 with 80k plus miles?
Also what part of ne Ohio? I grew up in portage county, little town called Windham
Looped it over a hill in 4th gear, bike went about 600 feet, I went about 75 feet less than that... broke my right leg in a few places. Smashed the right side engine cover and displaced oil on the road for a bit, totalled the bike. I wanted to buy it back but insurance wanted $3k. I got $9k for it so it wasn't worth it to me. Bought a new one. I wrecked it in Paint Township on 241 in Amish country, I live in Massillon. I'm prob 1.5-2hrs from Windham. Used to live up by Kent but am familiar with a lot of NE OH as I drove and road around a lot haha.

~*Jessika*~
2014 899 Panigale - 83,xxx miles - RIP 9/2/18
2014 899 Panigale - 15,xxx miles and counting
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Honda VFR800
2017 KTM 690 Enduro
Old 06-18-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCLR8TN View Post
Looped it over a hill in 4th gear, bike went about 600 feet, I went about 75 feet less than that... broke my right leg in a few places. Smashed the right side engine cover and displaced oil on the road for a bit, totalled the bike. I wanted to buy it back but insurance wanted $3k. I got $9k for it so it wasn't worth it to me. Bought a new one. I wrecked it in Paint Township on 241 in Amish country, I live in Massillon. I'm prob 1.5-2hrs from Windham. Used to live up by Kent but am familiar with a lot of NE OH as I drove and road around a lot haha.
Oh wow! Glad you are ok. That bike was an inspiration to many of us, I hope I get that many miles on the 959. Small world, Massilon is not far from Canton, my brother lived in Canton.
XCLR8TN likes this.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:45 PM

I agree that X-Line is the way to go. Grippy and easy to clean. Better than the snake skin in my opinion and I’ve had both on my bike.
Old 06-23-2019, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Alright, I was also hesitant to put them on because putting anything over this bike is like forcing a swimsuit model to wear a sweater. They don't look as bad as I thought but now I'm concerned how it will look over time when the material starts to wear after some track days.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190623_150456_1561317246656.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	27068