Antigravity battery issue - Ducati 959 Panigale Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Grandpa g

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Antigravity battery issue

I was wondering if anyone here running the antigravity battery has had this issue. I was coming home from a ride and my brand new battery just shut off. Here is what happened, I had already done about 140 miles, I was riding along and every light on my dash started flashing then the bike just shut off. I couldnít get any power to it. If I turned the key back on the red lights on top of the dash would just flash and that was it. My dealer came and rescued me (awesome service thank you). Anyway turns out it was the battery not the bike. I thought something happened to my electronics but the bike had no codes at all. Put a new battery and it was fine. It says on the antigravity battery to not install in high heat areas, well the ambient temp here gets way over 100 degrees, it was about 105 when mine died. Plus that battery is installed in a high heat area for sure. I believe antigravity says the operating temp range is -4 degrees F to 140 degrees F. Might not be a problem for most but if you live in hot climates could be something to watch for. Iíll keep an eye on this one and see what happens this summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 11:16 AM

Did you contact antigravity and ask them about it?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pard View Post
Did you contact antigravity and ask them about it?
No, not yet. I bought the battery at my dealer and they replaced it for me. You would think they thought of this as they make a specific battery for the panigale. I need to get one of those laser temp guns and shoot it in to the battery box at operating temp. It has to get very hot in there. Iím not bashing anyone or anything like that, really just a heads up because it will leave you stranded, I was lucky I had cel service there. Some places I ride there is no service. I think if you let it cool down you could use the restart feature, but im not sure. It may have gone in to sleep mode as it got too hot. Just something to keep in mind.

ETA: I could have just got a bad battery who knows. I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Last edited by Grandpa g; 07-01-2019 at 11:57 AM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 01:21 PM

I have one of these batteries arriving tomorrow. Chad, who I have been in contact with at Antigravity steered me away from the model with the re-start because it has been know to shut down on Thermal Protection on the Panigales.

t_bare

02 998 Mono
08 HyperS
09 KTM 530 EXC
13 MTS GT
16 Panigale 959

1 Ducati = Ducatista
2+ Ducati = Mechanic
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_bare View Post
I have one of these batteries arriving tomorrow. Chad, who I have been in contact with at Antigravity steered me away from the model with the re-start because it has been know to shut down on Thermal Protection on the Panigales.

t_bare
Aaaah.... that makes sense. Iíll contact them and see if I can exchange it for a non restart model. Iím sure this will happen again. Iíd like to know if the restart feature would get the thing going again. Iím kind of nervous to ride it right now. No fun being stranded.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Ok, just got off the phone with Chad from antigravity. This is an issue that is recently coming to light. Stay away from the restart version for the panigale. The standard version should be fine with no issues, part number YT7B-BS. I believe the restart versions have a lower thermal shut down than the standard models, hope I said that right. Great folks at antigravity, he said he would warranty that one for me. So, just a heads up be careful if you have the restart version. Might want to replace it, you all know how hot the panigale gets in there.
Pard and t_bare like this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 01:17 PM

"... feel free to post my email addresss [email protected] over in that other thread you linked, we're not on there at this time so I can't but we'd like to let others know they are always more then welcome to reach out to me directly.
-Chad "

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page