Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover Installed - Ducati 959 Panigale Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kris959

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover Installed

So I thought I would share my experience on fitting the Ducabike clutch cover along with the pressure plate and the spring retaining ring. It's relatively easy enough job but you will need a few special tools like a torque wrench and access to a hydraulic bench press.

The two most difficult parts of the job are swapping over the little shaft that's pressed into the pressure plate along with the bearing into the new one. Obviously you want to double check it's nice a square and slightly lubed before pressing it in and dont put too much pressure on it after its seated. Probably the other would be making sure the clutch plates stay put and are aligned properly before tightening the spring retaining ring up to the torque specs. You don't have to drop the engine oil for the job I just had my bike on a rear paddock stand.

I found Jaret Campisi's 959 build series on youtube very helpful his mechanic Dado is really good. He goes through the install step by step and offers very handy advice along the way. Definitely worth a watch if your considering fitting the Ducabike cover. As long as you take your time and make sure everything is torqued properly it is a very rewarding job and it looks awesome!

Sorry for the wrong orientation on the photos not sure how to rotate them but I'm sure you get the idea.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180926_171638.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	27324   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180925_171652.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	27326   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180926_172142.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	27328   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180926_171854.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	27330   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180930_141801.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	357.8 KB
ID:	27332  

mliebs likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kris959; 09-10-2019 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Added an extra link for my video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 12:09 AM

Garage
You can buy the press they use in that video at Harbor Freight for about $40 on sale or less. https:// www .harborfreight.com/1-ton-arbor-press-3552.html added a few spaces there so I could use the link

Last edited by ToyotaTech; 09-19-2019 at 07:53 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 03:20 AM

The clear clutch covers are stunning.

Worries me if i ever lay the bike down it would crack and cause it to be un-ride-able back to my shop or house.

do they make sliders for the clear covers that don't take away from how aesthetically pleasing they are?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teethoflove View Post
The clear clutch covers are stunning.

Worries me if i ever lay the bike down it would crack and cause it to be un-ride-able back to my shop or house.

do they make sliders for the clear covers that don't take away from how aesthetically pleasing they are?
Yes I have same question. Worried about putting this on a track bike? Are they allowed at most tracks? Are they at greater risk of fracture in low side that would make the bike unusable?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I have done a track day and nobody was bothered about it. I'm not 100% on this but I'm sure they are made from polycarbonate which is super strong it's what they make riot shields and safety impact screens from. If I remember correctly the window is approx 8-10mm thick.

In all honesty the original cast alloy cover is probably the same strength as the ducabike cover. They do sell little protection plates but it does cover it up a little.

I have the R&G frame bobbins on mine. Just in case the bike ever does go down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 07:22 AM

Looks nice, I've been wanting to put one on mine but haven't been able to part with the money yet.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page