Stock to Full Ohlins, worth it yet? - Page 3 - Ducati 959 Panigale Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev242 View Post
Went EBC HH here as well, strong performance all season (@6 track days).

A bit of a thread shift, for those of you using ABS on your track time, are you using anything other than 1? I had a few high rear wheel lift moments (doesn't bother me) but have not experienced ABS intervention on that setting at all. Fine with me, just wondering if others that complain about ABS being too interfering are using it with the no-lift settings. I imagine this would make it trigger earlier and extend braking distances.
I tried it on 1 with the stock springs that I'm too heavy for (205 lbs), and it triggered under hard braking on bumps. I nearly **** myself because I was not expecting it, I just shut it off after that. Even now that I have stiffer springs I run it off at the track, although I do want to try level 1 again to see how it works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 02:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forewarned View Post
I tried it on 1 ... and it triggered under hard braking on bumps.
Same here, its only happened a couple of times (at which I started avoiding those certain areas on the track). I'm on OEM pads though so I'm sure I wouldn't really lock up otherwise.

2016 AWS 959 Panigale - Sato Racing Sliders | T-Rex Axle Sliders | Dieci83 Radiator Guards | Techspec Tankpads | NRC FEK | NRC Mirror Block Offs | CRG Arrow Mirror | TWM Brake Lever Guard | Ducabike Gen 1 Rearsets
2009 Red Ninja 250R - Totsubo Exhaust | Woodcraft Rearsets | RaceTech Cartridge Emulators | Ground Off Kickstand Mount | Pirelli SuperCorsa SC1/SC2 | Attack Race Bodies Fairings
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

@Forewarned , stiffer springs here as well, hard as **** to back under that 200lb mark nowadays with anything other than the flu or a wicked hangover for a few days : )

I am not a brake slammer, get the nose down then progressively feed more pressure in until I feel the rear getting light. I love a squishy lever, helps me achieve the above. In that mode ABS 1 has been fine for me.

I imagine if your braking style is different then ABS may be better off.

@KarlKani I'll have to remember that my braking points are gonna be earlier than you now and not try to follow you in too deep!

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
@Forewarned , stiffer springs here as well, hard as **** to back under that 200lb mark nowadays with anything other than the flu or a wicked hangover for a few days : )

I am not a brake slammer, get the nose down then progressively feed more pressure in until I feel the rear getting light. I love a squishy lever, helps me achieve the above. In that mode ABS 1 has been fine for me.

@KarlKani I'll have to remember that my braking points are gonna be earlier than you now and not try to follow you in too deep!
Well we will see!!! You still have about 10 seconds on me so I not sure how often you will be behind me going into turn 1
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Went EBC HH here as well, strong performance all season (@6 track days).

A bit of a thread shift, for those of you using ABS on your track time, are you using anything other than 1? I had a few high rear wheel lift moments (doesn't bother me) but have not experienced ABS intervention on that setting at all. Fine with me, just wondering if others that complain about ABS being too interfering are using it with the no-lift settings. I imagine this would make it trigger earlier and extend braking distances.
Where do you guys buy the EBC HH? I need to replace mine before 2019.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

2016 Red Ducati Panigale 959
2014 Kawasaki Concours (for long trips)
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:

The Carbone Lorraine brake pads are opposite of the HH pads. HH pads give a good hard initial bite and get a little better through the braking zone. CL pads have a low initial bite and will stop you a little deeper after a little heat is built up. You will go deep AF into a corner screaming holy FK i'm in too deep and then all of the sudden you are stopped. And you think fk I could have gone ten foot deeper, a very progressive pad. So instead of the rear coming up when snap the brakes on, the rear will come up a little and dance as you go deeper into the corner and the pads produce more stopping power with heat.
Kev242 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page