Show us your complete track gear - Ducati 959 Panigale Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Show us your complete track gear

Show us your complete track gear, perhaps accompanied with a short explanation behind your selection and your years of track experience. Thought this could be an interesting thread following @Dingo request for info about boots.

Here's what I have:

Revit GP-R jacket
Revit Masaru pants
Arai Corsair V
Sidi Vertigo boots
Alpinestar GP Plus R gloves

I'm a beginner. I chose the Rev'it primarily because of fit although the look was a big plus without too much flash. I also wanted the leathers to be used on the street and compatible with another set of Revit leathers. The Arai helmet is a great fit and the model choice is self explanatory. The Sidi Vertigo boots were midway in the line-up, not cheap but what the heck. Really like the Alpinestar gloves because of the pinky finger protection and the gloves are Kevlar lined.

To those of you with ample experience, show us what else you use such as trailer gear etc.

PS. Editing thanks to @sinjin : reminded me to add the 3D0 and Forcefield back protectors. My street gear is also varied and consist of Revit Galactic and Revit Gear2 pants, Sidi Mythos shoes, Dainese brown vintage jacket with riding jeans and Tony Lama Westerns (riding and casual dining wear). Also with an AGV K5 helmet that sports an internal sun visor .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	revit-gt-r-jacket-blackred-1.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	14609   Click image for larger version

Name:	revit_masaru_pants_black_white.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	14617   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160220_115730.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	14625   Click image for larger version

Name:	0000-Sidi-Vertigo-Boots.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	14633   Click image for larger version

Name:	3556517_10_gp-plus-r_glove_web_2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	14641  

Dingo likes this.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak (All-Purpose Fun)
2016 Monster 1200 R (Rambunctious Fun)
2016 Panigale 959 (Serious Fun)

Last edited by DarR; 03-23-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 02:35 PM

My current track gear is composed of a Dainese Leguna Seca Perforated 1 piece, a Knox back protector, Knox gloves, my AGV Pista helmet, and Dainese Axial In boots.

I started off with the Sidi ST Air, but I much prefer having my suit zip on the outside vs being tucked into my boots.

My street gear is quite varied, but usually consists of a Dainese jacket, C2 leather pants, and riding boots. I don't wear the Streetburners anymore and usually opt for the Ducati TCX boots. I have the brown Ducati Urban jacket and the Monster Anniversary jacket, but they offer soft to no armor protection, so I only wear them casually.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gear3.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	14737   Click image for larger version

Name:	gear2.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	14745   Click image for larger version

Name:	gear1.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	14753   Click image for larger version

Name:	boots.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	14761  

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit
R&G Radiator Guard, Fork and Tank Sliders

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP Wheels, Akrapovic Full Ti GP Exhaust, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, Bonamici Rearsets, R&G Sliders.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
@sinjin
Love your closet
Now I know. Motorcycles are a disease.
sinjin likes this.

Last edited by DarR; 03-23-2017 at 05:38 PM.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
@sinjin
Love your closet
Now I know. Motorcycles are a disease.
Thanks!

Indeed it is... my Ducati Corse Jacket, BMW Sport 2 Jacket, and the RS Taichi on the end still have the tags on them and the Arai IOM TT helmet has the protective film over the visor!

2014 Panigale 899 - Red
Termi Exhaust, Rotobox Wheels, NRC Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Rearsets and Reservoirs, Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch, Ducabike Clear Clutch Cover, CRG CF Levers, DP Fuel Cap, 'R' Seat Cover and Decal Kit

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
HP Wheels, Akrapovic Full Ti GP Exhaust, Competition Werks Fender Eliminator and Integrated Tail Light,
Rizoma LED Indicators, Fuel Cap, and RRC Levers, Bonamici Rearsets, R&G Sliders.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hahaha
Every item I buy, I keep a web photo of that item in an apparel folder in my pc for future references.
Needless to say, both it and the closet are getting full.

Last edited by DarR; 03-23-2017 at 07:12 PM.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
Arai IOM TT helmet has the protective film over the visor!
I was looking at this very model yesterday while at my dealer. That is one sweet looking graphic.
BTW, here's some tidbits about Arai I pick-up while there as they recently had the Arai rep come in for a briefing.

Arai sales are down big time because of competitive pressure. Lots of good high-end helmets are available even in that price range with much better features. The big news was that they're also going to move away from their pod system which I think is a good thing as I find it challenging to remove the visor off my Corsair. Don't know when however. Rumor are that the "hand made" manufacturing process is also being questioned.

Last edited by DarR; 04-01-2017 at 12:05 PM.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I was looking at this very model yesterday while at my dealer. That is one sweet looking graphic.
BTW, here's some tidbits about Arai I pick-up while there as they recently had the Arai rep come in for a briefing.

Arai sales are down big time because of competitive pressure. Lots of good high-end helmets are available even in that price range with much better features. The big news was that they're also going to move away from their pod system which I think is a good thing as I find it challenging to remove the visor off my Corsair. Don't know when however. Rumor are that the "hand made" manufacturing process is also being questioned.

I love the 2015 and 2016 IOM TT graphics, but I am not so keen on the one for this year.

I really don't swap the visor once I put on the one I intend to use, so if I can get it changed once myself, I am good.

My only draw to a helmet is the safety factor and the AGV Pista / Corsa and Arai Corsair have saved the lives of more than a couple of guys I ride with. I am willing to finance their R&D in that department in order to have the best for my noggin. People argue that there isn't a difference between a $300 helmet and one that costs $1300... well both a Kia and a Mercedes are deemed roadworthy and approved by the NHTSA, however which one would you rather be in hitting an 18 wheeler, right?

2014 Panigale 899 - Red

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
We're on the same page on that. There's no substitute for a top of the line. Must be ECE with Snell and/or Sharp 4 and above.
When my Arai Corsair expires in 3 years, I'll be looking at a Pista or whatever AGV replaces it with or an Arai Corsair equivalent then.

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
I really don't swap the visor once I put on the one I intend to use, so if I can get it changed once myself, I am good.
For us, quick and easy visor removal is a must as we need to clean it often because of bugs prevalent on Ontario highways. When stopping for fuel or food, it's much better slipping the visor under the tap with a bit of soap than to attempt to clean it while still on the helmet.

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
For us, quick and easy visor removal is a must as we need to clean it often because of bugs prevalent on Ontario highways. When stopping for fuel or food, it's much better slipping the visor under the tap with a bit of soap than to attempt to clean it while still on the helmet.
Yeah... come on down and ride with me on the North Texas farm roads with horses and cattle on either side and we can talk about the bugs.

I have to carry wipes it can get so bad. I don't even bother removing the visor or else it would wear the plastic out.

In fact, it is about the time of year when you can expect to be riding along and suddenly smack right into a swarm giving your visor the appearance of being shot by a 12 gauge.
DarR and GL68 like this.

2014 Panigale 899 - Red

2015 BMW S1000RR - Red

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page