First Ride - Ducati 959 Panigale Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By NW_Corse

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

First Ride

Finally got the chance to take the Corse out on Sunday. This was my first proper ride on it. I test rode it but that was really just around the block. I knew I was going to buy it regardless. It was kind of overcast in Oregon Sunday but not too bad. I had it out for about 1.5 hours, split between back country roads, stop and go city traffic and even did a highway stint of about 30 miles. Here are my takeaways:

Cons-
Mirrors (duh): They are as worthless as everyone says. Bar end mirrors should be standard.
Heat- Even overcast and about 60 f out you could feel it getting hot. Especially in traffic. But, I've had much worse.
Seat- Kind of thin and not that great. No surprise there.

Pros-
Power- So much usable power. Very easy to ride and manage
Brakes- Incredible. Great feedback and feel
Comfort (!)- I could not believe how comfortable it was. I'm 51, 6'2" and 230lbs. I tweaked my posture a little and really got comfortable. No real pressure on the wrists shoulders. Felt really good. Good enough that I'm now considering using it for my commute on some days. This was surprising to me. My ZX10r was a torture rack compared this. But then again, my 1098 was very comfortable as well.
Sound- It's loud and I love it!
Dash- Very easy to use the modes and make changes

That's it for now. More to come as I get more miles on it.
Dingo and mliebs like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 07:26 AM

I added the heat shielding to mine and it made a big difference. I rode Saturday and the temps were in the high 80's and the heat was fine, especially on my legs. I'm really liking mine too but am considering the comfort seat. After 200 miles and 3 hours on back roads this weekend the seat was getting uncomfortable.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:11 AM

Garage
The stock seat Sucks!!! Iím still waiting to replace mine with the Race seat - I recall it being a better option than the Comfort.
I think @DarR did a comparison of the three...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 White Ducati 959 Panigale

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
The stock seat Sucks!!! I’m still waiting to replace mine with the Race seat - I recall it being a better option than the Comfort.
I think @DarR did a comparison of the three...

The stock seat's main issue is that it's just too slippery. It's also thinner than both the race and the comfort seat.
I went with the race seat but either of the latter are a big improvement in comfort and control.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak (All-Purpose Fun)
2016 Monster 1200 R (Rambunctious Fun)
2016 Panigale 959 (Serious Fun)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page