Moto GP Tracks - Ducati 959 Panigale Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By kats
  • 1 Post By wilman

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Moto GP Tracks

I have gone to Moto GP races at Laguna Sec (4 times), Indianapolis (once), and Austin (once). My wife came to Laguna Seca with me the last year Moto GP ran there, and wants to go to another race this next year. We were both big fans of the corkscrew, and were looking for another track to go to this next year. I don't think we'll find anything close to the view at the corkscrew. It's tough to tell from the on board video and races. I'd be interested in anyone's thoughts of the best track to watch a race. I usually walk the entire track to get views from all turns. Can you do this at all the tracks? You can in the U.S.. Do they have video screens across from the stands so you can see the full race? (They probably do, but just want to make sure before I book anything. Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 01:38 PM

Garage
I think you can walk in some tracks, not sure if all of them, but certainly not on the race weekend. Only in Italy may be.
Iíve been only at Misano, great atmosphere, but a regular track as far as a good looking view. May be the greatest landscape would be at Philip Island.
Anyway, you will have fun regardless the track you choose, good luck.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 10:15 PM

Good friend of mine has been to many GP tracks and really likes Mugello because the fans get to watch from the hill sides and get a spectacular view of everything. And of course the best atmosphere of any race!
Desmoto likes this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 03:33 AM

Garage
I've never been to a motorcycle race but I have been to 2 F1 races, Nurburgring and Barcelona, and both had General Admission tickets for people to walk around just about anywhere there wasn't a grandstand - bring your chair and blanket and have at it! It was awesome to see!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BarcaF1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	26036  

2016 White Ducati 959 Panigale
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Thanks I'm thinking about Mugello, Aragon, Lemans, or the Sachenring....
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Brno

I finally decided to go to Brno for Moto GP this year in August. Flew into Prague for a five day stay, then took the train to Brno. Itís easy to get to and from the track by a streetcar and bus. (The bus is free.). Itís pretty easy to walk around the track, the views are great. You donít really need more than a general admissions pass. Only mistake I made was to not then go to Austria for the next race a week later.
Dingo likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page