Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got an email from Ducati stating my 1 year is coming up and need to have my Annual service done. I purchased my 959 last October and just had my first service in June when I hit 700 miles. I was told that next service is at 7500 miles.

So I'm confused.... Do I still need to do an annual service in between the 700 and 7500 mile service?

Is this service done every year? I'm in Ohio so I only take bike out in summer or warm weather.

Could someone clarify this please?

Email states:

In order to continue to give you the maximum performance and thrills, after the end of your first year of ownership, your Ducati must have an Annual Service carried out, which includes diagnostics on the electronic control units, replacing the engine oil and filter, any technical updates, and the other operations listed in the service items table that you can see in your bike's user and service manual.

Thanks for any feedback,
Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
Follow the suggestion in the email and check the service table items in the owners manual (pages 249-253). You'll find a bunch of items that are listed as time bound with a 12 month cycle - whether or not you want to complete it is up to you.

Spoiler alert: they're all checks/verifications.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spanishcop

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Follow the suggestion in the email and check the service table items in the owners manual (pages 249-253). You'll find a bunch of items that are listed as time bound with a 12 month cycle - whether or not you want to complete it is up to you.

Spoiler alert: they're all checks/verifications.

Thanks for the reply. I'm surprised my dealer didn't mention the annual check and just said it wouldn't be back due until 7500 miles. That's why I was confused. Many thanks....

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yeah it's kind of hidden in the details. There's a lot of checks in general so it's just good practice to keep up with them. For those that don't know about them, it's just a good time to do it.

Reactions: Spanishcop

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's mileage or time, whichever comes first. So if your break-in service was performed in July, your annual service isn't due until next July or 7500miles...whichever comes first.

The 600 and 7500 mile service are the same, and everything listed as 12 months is included in that service.

I don't think they're trying to rip you off though. They're probably just going off purchase date without cross referencing your service records.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts