Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
Just a quick update as I鈥檓 getting there...
The 1299S dash was swapped out for a 1299 base just to makes things a bit easier. I also managed to get the BBS off the same bike to make things even easier. Once you fit the correct BBS, the amount of errors become visible. You get the ABS warning on, obviously no abs or traction at this point. I managed to get a 1299 base wiring harness, abs pump and the imu sensor for a really good price from the states. That turned up last week and happy to see that things are nearly back to normal. I now have DWC and cornering abs. I still have the unknown device which I鈥檓 hoping will disappear when the 1299 ecu turns up and gets fitted.
If all goes well, I鈥檒l get the bike mapped, and the 1299 auto blipper set up for the 959 map. I鈥檓 now at the stage where at key on I get, the abs and traction control idiot lights flashing like they should be. The mileage even though isn鈥檛 correct (mine鈥檚 3,190 miles) is at least synced and Ducati can reset the mileage for a small fee. The rider mode is still flashing as it鈥檚 expecting to see the 1299 auto blipper which is controlled by the ecu.
I鈥檒l update again in a few weeks time.

Ian

Registered
Just because you are using a dash and bbs from 1299 doesn鈥檛 mean you now have cornering abs and dwc. Your bike does not have an IMU to inform these strategies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Registered
Yes it does. Re read my last post if you like. It does say the IMU is fitted. I know it works because I turned on the bike before fitting and the Inertial sensor warning light came on. Went off after fitting the 1299 loom, abs and IMU. 馃槈
And yes, the cornering abs does work.

Registered
To finish this off... The 1299 ecu turned up today. Got it fitted and, zero error codes and no unknown device! Obviously the ecu is massively over fuelling the 959 motor but that鈥檒l get tuned out.

Registered
So in the end you installed a 1299 dash, BBS, ECU, and harness & sensors?
Yes, all working as it should except the running. 25% overfuelling just on start up which isn鈥檛 surprising. The bike鈥檚 going to get re mapped soon once I鈥檝e managed to replace the O2 sensor bosses with 18mm ones so he can map each cylinder properly. He also needs to remap the auto blipper to suit the engine.
No additional sensors are needed, just the IMU. The other 959 sensors stay in place.

Registered
What about the 1299 3 wire shift sensor? You replaced the 2 wire 959 with the 3 wire 1299 sensor didn't you?

Registered
And to close this thread off鈥 Got the bike re mapped today by P3 Tuning in Liverpool. Running super smooth and I鈥檇 say even better then the bike came as standard. Dumped the 1299 shifter / blipper as it was worn out inside and replaced with the Translogic unit for the 1299. Shifts and blips really well and feels as smooth as they do with the std 959 shifter.
All sensors working as they should.
Been a long, long project but got there in the end.
I鈥檒l post the dyno results when I receive them if anybody would like to see it.
Ian

21 - 31 of 31 Posts