Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming up to 700 kilometres on my 929 now. Pretty pleased with her but wondering about other options I could have chosen - 1299S or 1199R. These were way above my budget. a new 2015 Panigale R would have set me back 50,000 NZ dollars.
Anyway cruise into the dealer today to drop something off and there is a zero km 2014 Panigale R with full electronic suspension, Ohlins etc etc and they have taken $8000 off it making it $36,000 (24,500 US dollars) which is 12000 more than the 959. If I had known they were going to reduce it that much I would have at least taken it for a test ride. I know they are rough at lower speeds but the 959 is not exactly smooth under 30 kph.
It was touted as the fastest bike you could buy in 2014 which begs the question - maybe too fast? Ah well its academic now as swapping over now would cost way too much. But its nice to dream:smile2:

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Yea. Personally, I'd just love the 959. I highly doubt it will not be fast enough for you. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
The R never came with electronic suspension; only the S has that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that is true for current model but the one at Cyclespot is a previous year one and it says Panigale R on the fairing and has the wires going into the fork tops and out of the rear shock. I am reading the July 2015 Performance Bikes and the R does not have the wires.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think that is true for current model but the one at Cyclespot is a previous year one and it says Panigale R on the fairing and has the wires going into the fork tops and out of the rear shock. I am reading the July 2015 Performance Bikes and the R does not have the wires.
Apologies, you might be right; the 14 R did have the Electronic adjusters but not the 15/16. We live and learn!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I didn't test ride an R before I bought my 959, but I did test ride a 1299S. The 1299S is a beautiful bike with tons of power. So much power that it spooked me and I didn't feel comfortable riding it for fear it would bite me in the a** upon hard acceleration. The 959 is much more streetable. It felt just as light as the S, even though it is a little bit heavier. The R no doubt is a great bike, but is something that's beyond my ability to ride as intended.
If I were you I'd just enjoy your 959 and not look back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts