Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

16 959 front suspension bottoming out despite adjusting settings

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Jep863 
#1 ·
Hi all

I am having an issue with my front forks where no matter how much I adjust the preload, compression or rebound, The front forks seem to bottom out/fully compress under braking. I recently replaced the fork seals and dust covered, removed the old fluid and added about 570mil of fresh 7.5w motul fork oil. My mechanic buddy says it seems to be an issue with the valving, but we arent sure how to fix the issue. he also has a 16 959 and when I match my settings to his, its a drastic difference. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

#6 ·
If he's instructed you, and you've followed instruction and reported back - to the T - then I believe there's something wrong with the forks. It can't be much else, unless there's something you're not telling us. Like perhaps when you took them apart you didn't document the shim stack and put them back together wrong...?

#7 ·
The 959 comes from Italy soft in the front and stiff in the rear. Dave Behrend at Fast Bike Industries is probably the best in the business if you decide to send them to a professional.

t_bare

#9 ·
I have an 18 959 for street and track days (B group). Dave Moss recently adjusted my suspension at a Laguna track day. The rear, he was happy with, the front, however, after maxing out the settings continued to bottom out under heavy braking. He basically told me to upgrade the suspension. I am about to upgrade to Ohlins Nix 30 cartridges. I am average height and weight, 5'11, 175, just a heavy braker according to Dave.

#11 ·
True it’s more important to enjoy the day and ride safe. Unless you want to spend the big bucks to do the suspension. In that case I recommend take the bike to race tech suspension in CA. Show them what’s going on and they will look at the bike and set you up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.