·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
43 Posts
<$ than 959
Guessing my the model it's the hypermotard motor.
MCN said:
“The displacement is the same as the Hypermotard 939, but the problem is we applied mechanical modification and electronic tuning of the engine and even the attachment of the engine to the frame is different. With this frame, the engine is a stressed element. So it is 939 displacement, but not really the same engine, because 80% of it is new.”
It's going to have an all-new dash, too — based on the TFT multimedia-connected Multistrada! Someone at Ducati thought the Panigale needed more street-friendly ergo's and slapped an Arctic White Silk 959 front and mid-section to a Monster/Diavel frame and rear. Along with a new pair of headlamps inspired by the 370Z and outgoing-generation Prius! >:)

And why does this gut feeling tell me that this new headlight will somehow end up as a study for that of the Panigale series' replacement in 2-3 years' worth time?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think adding the trellis frame makes the bike look beautiful and very european. Is the left side of that swing arm looks extremely beefy too. Could it be a single sided swing arm?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wowzer... I need more pictures though T_______T

Looks pretty gnarly, digging the frame... Ducati Stunt Bike???

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry boys, just the tip today.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There are only two photos of this private unveiling anyway; as long as you have a quick look at the link that Kevin.H posted, you'll come across both: one shot being up-close and the other an outside view of where the bike is currently housed.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not bad at all. I'd need to ride it before I speculate a purchase. They could take an idea like this and make it awesome or make it awful...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I saw and sat on this bike at WDW2016, also got the opportunity to spend 5 minutes talking to the designer.

The bike is aimed at the FZ type of buyer, someone who wants a little sportiness but doesn't want to sacrifice too much comfort and wants to do some touring on it.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like a fair compliment to a collection. I wouldn't object to one

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was lucky enough to sit on the preproduction model and have a decent chat to the designer at WDW16.
It's not in the Pani family, I reckon this'll crunch kilometres (miles for you antiquated lot) for days without too much discomfort.

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Looks cool enough. It looks like it's heavily based off the monster platform as were the past versions of this bike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Definitely not a fan of the "X" looking pattern of the headlights, but other then that it looks pretty sweet!

... Oh and definitely scratch those Euro cans :eek: god no!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I like the concept - I'm a sport touring kinda a guy and like to log a lot of miles/day - so a bike like this makes sense. That said, I really don't find the Panigale a problem for me in that regard - my Harley buddies need breaks before I do :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts