Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, meant to post this last weekend or so. Maybe its been more than a week. Crap time flies, anyways. One of the last Mods to the Panigale was the Heat Shields from Ducatispacers.com.

Mod is simple enough at least for the seat. The rest is cake if you follow their carefully thoughtout instructions and pay attention to key items on his Youtube vid, here. Also have a very low amount gas helps.

For us 2018 owners, 2 issues came to light while pulling this part of the bike apart.

The right plastic cover doesn't really fit one of the cutouts. And the under tail screws have 8mm locknuts and washers.

At any rate, the two 3mm screws on left and right sides underneath the tail have 8mm locking nuts and a washer. Attached pic from the Parts manual screen cap, I circled them. You'll need to pull the cover off the BBS unit which has two 8mm nuts and and just move the unit slightly enough to get the socket with extension in those 8mm locknuts.

For the right heat shield pieces the smaller portion of the right cover, you'll have to trim somewhat just a little the shield. Its just designed differently. Other than that, its still a decent enough Mod, there will be still some heat, but less so. Leather pants, and riding about ~65mph or so takes care of it anyways. As these are likely mass produced I can imagine it would be difficult for him to keep up, considering his small operation.

-J:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Does it really make a difference? I did the kit for the bottom of the touring seat and it really didn't make a difference. I considered doing the side panels, but they look to be a total pain in the *** to remove so I wanted to hear from someone before I waste an hour taking the stupid things off...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say a noticeable difference. If I have a pair of leathers on I used to feel the heat, not terribly bad. It was there, now its hardly noticeable. My kevlar jeans its certainly still here, a bit lower. Its entirely subjective. The install was cake. About an hour tops altogether.

-J:cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Found this to be true on my 2016, might just be a difference in cover design from 899 to the 959. Either way it was easy to overcome the fitment and It is definitely a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I took the side covers off and I prefer the bare metal look of the cylinder heads. It also seems to run a little cooler while moving, like the heat is not trapped underneath. Have yet to install the heat shielding on the side covers and under the seat. It doesnt bother me too much, not sure why I bought it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts