Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This one should go some way in comforting the bereaved mourning the passing of the Panigale 1299. Though this smaller L-Twin is but a measly 955cc, the 2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse arrives rated at 150 hp @ 10,500 rpm and 75 pound-feet of torque @ 9,000 rpm. Which is really quite a bit more than enough for most people, all in a package Ducati says weighs 435 pounds (wet, with a 90% fuel load). This special Corse model also gets suspension by Öhlins, some street-legal Ducati Performance Akrapovič titanium silencers, a lightweight lithium-ion battery, and a MotoGP-inspired matte paint scheme. Ducati says the 959 Panigale Corse is ready to race, (Isn’t that KTM‘s line?) but the valve clearances still only need to be checked every 15,000 miles.
Full Article: First Look: 2018 Ducati 959 Panigale Corse

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I don't like the graphic design... the color I might like in person however, it looks like a nearly-fluorescent red

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't like the exhaust on the side but love everything else LOL READY TO TRADE MINES get whatever I get for it and pay the difference maybe go for the V4 bit I think it's to much money for me LOL but I want either or and I just got my 959 in July but I am in LOVE.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
US version exhaust

So the Ducati NA social account finally posted some photos on FB of the US-spec one. The exhaust looks like the stock one. Anyone know if the US-spec one not coming with the Akra exhaust?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, the pic is what prompted my question Mike. I just confirmed with Ducati Austin, US version is not coming with Akra exhaust.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So the US models just get a lithium battery and Ohlins suspension? I haven't seen anything on pricing yet. I'll ask when I'm at the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
So the US models just get a lithium battery and Ohlins suspension? I haven't seen anything on pricing yet. I'll ask when I'm at the dealer tomorrow.
and the fancy Corse paint scheme! not worth it IMO...

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I'm hoping to see it at the Long Beach Motorcycle Show next weekend... and the V4

·
Registered
30 Posts
The US pricing is $17,395.
So $2,000 more than the standard. I just wonder if you could buy the Ohlins suspension (from Ohlins), sell your stock equipment, and be under that $2000 mark.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
So $2,000 more than the standard. I just wonder if you could buy the Ohlins suspension (from Ohlins), sell your stock equipment, and be under that $2000 mark.
Nope, the rear Ohlins alone cost $1300 if you know someone...

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
The Ducati dealer in Dallas is claiming that the US version will come with the Akra exhaust. We’ll see.
If it comes with a Titanium Akra, it will have to be a homologated version which includes a Cat.
I believe the Panigale "R" came with a similar set-up at one point.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Ducati dealer in Dallas is claiming that the US version will come with the Akra exhaust. We’ll see.
So I was told by Ducati Austin that the US version did not come with the Akra exhaust. The Ducati US website was finally updated and it does have Akra in the text description. However, I still don't believe the US spec one will come with the Akra exhaust. Either way, can't wait until March to pick mine up.

https://www.ducati.com/us/en/bikes/panigale/959-panigale

The 959 Panigale Corse represents the highest sporting expression of the famous twin cylinder from Borgo Panigale. Thanks to the Öhlins suspensions, the type-approved Ducati Performance titanium silencers by Akrapovic, the lithium-ion battery and a dedicated livery inspired by the MotoGP colours, the 959 Panigale Corse is ready to hit the track.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I saw the US version last week at NYC ducati and spoke with Ducati peoples. No Akra, Ohlins forks/rear shock/stearing damp, lithium battery and the MSRP was adjusted to 17.595k

I will say the paint scheme is wildly impressive, the corse in the past have been pretty bad imo.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
I saw the US version last week at NYC ducati and spoke with Ducati peoples. No Akra, Ohlins forks/rear shock/stearing damp, lithium battery and the MSRP was adjusted to 17.595k

I will say the paint scheme is wildly impressive, the corse in the past have been pretty bad imo.
What about DQS on the downshift?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts