Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting my track day budget together, hitting NJMP on 5/7 and Pocono on 6/29. I'm sure to sneak in 4-5 days at NYST (local track for me) but also going to try to put one more travel track in. I'm thinking about Summit again (the front straight is sooooo long!!!) or perhaps VIR. I also hear good things about PittRace and for some reason Louden calls to me (more of the history of it).

Any opinions or other riders that can meet up on those days?

·
Registered
388 Posts
^^^ I will be trying to make it to as many as possible, NYST/NJMSP and would love to check out pocono track. Only issue for me is that I can generally only do weekend track days. But I will try and get as many in as possible.

How is pocono? @Kev242

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I’ve got about 80 or so hours of track time at Louden - back when Alex Merell used to rent the track for private track days. F$cking AMAZING track. Not sure if it’s changed since I’ve been there, but if I were you I wouldn’t miss it!!! I believe it was or perhaps may still be the most technical track in the US. I know they removed it from the sanctioned events because of deaths at the wall in turn 3(IIRC), but don’t let that discourage you!!! I have to give you a disclaimer also - IF you do ride that track you won’t want to ride another...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Ohhh and Pocono sucks - it’s too flat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the review Dingo, gonna stick Louden in there and either PittRace or VIR, they are about the same distance to me.

@Karl, haven't done Pocono yet, will give it a go just as a notch in the belt. See you at NYST, I'll be on the white 959 with the white Tundra. I try to sneak up there every few weekends, less then 1 1/2 hours away.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'll be at NYST 5/5 and 5/6... first days on the track.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have so far: To Do

4/27 NHMS 7/21 Canaan
5/18 NHMS 7/22 Canaan
5/31 Palmer 8/5 NYST
6/2 Canaan 8/6 NYST
6/3 Canaan 8/25 Canaan
6/12 Club Motorsports 8/26 Canaan
6/17 NYST 9/10 Palmer
6/18 NYST 9/17 Thompson

·
Registered
56 Posts
How is Palmer? Not too far from me but I hear horror stories of rock walls.
Palmer is fine, nothing to worry about what I saw, A brand new rider showed up and rode with the advanced group on his BMW 1000 and decided not to slow down for turn one, hit the tires and walked away.
The bike on the other hand, well lets just say it wont be back into play.
Hopefully the tool will retire his track day attempts as well.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Palmer is fine, nothing to worry about what I saw, A brand new rider showed up and rode with the advanced group on his BMW 1000 and decided not to slow down for turn one, hit the tires and walked away.
The bike on the other hand, well lets just say it wont be back into play.
Hopefully the tool will retire his track day attempts as well.
Who runs track days up there?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Who runs track days up there?
There are two groups I run with up here.
Penguin Racing School which is offered through Eric Wood.
The other group I run with is Fishtail.
Penguin as you can guess is geared to get you ready for racing and focusses heavily on proper corner entry, body position and getting lap times down.
Fishtail is about having a good time in a safe as possible environment. There is no passing on the inside whatsoever and only passing on the outside in expert class.
Intermediate there is only passing prior to corner entry.
There is also a group that runs called Tony's Track Days, which I have yet to ride with.
I am also doing a couple of events sponsored by and held by private rental of tracks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts