Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ohhhh...QS down is about the only thing I would want to add to my bike, hopefully they add a factory option for non-Corse models. Stephen Saucier was working on a solution but I know he is swamped with work at the moment so it has been back burnered.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Can't wait to see what the differences are, what the paint scheme looks like and what it costs!

·
Registered
134 Posts
This is apparently a 2018 model. Any idea when it will be formally announced? What motorcycle shows are coming up in the next few months?

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I think the big shows are in winter months here in the midwest.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just a guess, but I think the 2018 V4 will be the main headline. Wouldn't be surprised if they release the 959 update earlier or at a different show to not steal the thunder.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Both bikes will be on sale at the same time, new V4 and 959 Panigale, Ducati has confirmed it.
My comment was in regards to the introduction, not the ongoing sale of bikes.

Reactions: Toretto

·
Registered
134 Posts
My comment was in regards to the introduction, not the ongoing sale of bikes.
I'd just like to know the specs on the new bike so I can determine whether it makes sense to save for it or get a 2016/17! Argh!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
@Curly - do you want to ride a 959 Tomorrow? Get one now and don't wait for the new one... Simple decision to make.

·
Registered
892 Posts
There's always something newer. Don't make a decision purely on spec margins, especially if you know newer is always going to equal more expensive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I expect ohlins and maybe the newer electronics, the EVO DTC and IMU etc. It'll be interesting to see pricing, since the base 1299 isn't too far off the 959 to begin with.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Things I would like to see on the new Corse would be:
Full color TFT screen from the 1299 (TFT screens are now actually cheaper to produce than LCD)
Autoblipper

Of coarse price would play a big role. The more premium the price, the more I would want to see. Such as:
Ohlins rear shock
Cornering ABS
Wheelie control
Tire calibration (So we can use more than one brand)

In my opinion, if it's a Corse (race) model it should be given things that will help you get around a track faster.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I expect ohlins and maybe the newer electronics, the EVO DTC and IMU etc. It'll be interesting to see pricing, since the base 1299 isn't too far off the 959 to begin with.
The 1299 will be gone very soon so it won't matter :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Things I would like to see on the new Corse would be:
Full color TFT screen from the 1299 (TFT screens are now actually cheaper to produce than LCD)
Autoblipper

Of coarse price would play a big role. The more premium the price, the more I would want to see. Such as:
Ohlins rear shock
Cornering ABS
Wheelie control
Tire calibration (So we can use more than one brand)

In my opinion, if it's a Corse (race) model it should be given things that will help you get around a track faster.
Wheelie control? tire calibration? what for??????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tire Calibration so you can run the more easy to find 180/55/17 without it messing with the traction control. The computer needed for cornering ABS also allows for wheelie control, so you may as well just throw it in to say it's there.

·
Registered
439 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Tire Calibration so you can run the more easy to find 180/55/17 without it messing with the traction control. The computer needed for cornering ABS also allows for wheelie control, so you may as well just throw it in to say it's there.
use a 190/55. Thats what my road tires are.

also if you must use 180/55, simply turn the TC setting down. This bike doesnt have the crazy horsepower that it breaks traction everywhere.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I'm just curious as to the reason for going with something other than the OE 180/60? Looking for something with a harder compound? More mileage? Price? Bigger selection? The reason I ask is it seems the OE spec Pirelli tire works extremely well on this bike, and offers relatively long tire life, (for what it is) so I just wondered why the search for the different sizes? Tires are always evolving so it's always an interesting topic, IMO.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm just curious as to the reason for going with something other than the OE 180/60? Looking for something with a harder compound? More mileage? Price? Bigger selection? The reason I ask is it seems the OE spec Pirelli tire works extremely well on this bike, and offers relatively long tire life, (for what it is) so I just wondered why the search for the different sizes? Tires are always evolving so it's always an interesting topic, IMO.
The M7rr i use for street dont come in 180/60. 180/55 (which is far too small for this bike) or 190/55 (which has the closest profile to the 180/60) the 190/55 is still not as tall and the curve of the wider tire you require some more input when leaning over. ive use both a 200/55 &200/60 but on the OEM 5.5 rim, this isnt ideal, but works fair.

Pirellis generally are more pricey than other tires. the M7rr are $160 cheaper a set than the Supercorsa SP's.

Ducati and cheap dont go together unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts