Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 959 Corse shifts up and down with the clutch perfectly. It also upshifts clutchlessly no problem. Well, sometimes it doesn't actually upshift but I'm assuming that's operator error ;-)

Downshifting clutchlessly, however, is problematic. It downshifts a bit clunkily from 6th to 5th to 4th to 3rd but refuses to shift to 2nd even with what seems to me to be considerable force on the lever. Maybe I just need to push harder or more briskly, but I’m loathe to force it and damage the transmission.

Any thoughts or suggestions for troubleshooting the problem on my own before I end up bringing it to my mechanic would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Unfortunately neither of my bikes have the QS on the downshift, but I would imagine the engine revs vs speed would have something to do with the operation / smoothness.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for that thought. I’ll play with the rpms an the speed and see what I learn.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My 2019 959 Corse shifts up and down with the clutch perfectly. It also upshifts clutchlessly no problem. Well, sometimes it doesn't actually upshift but I'm assuming that's operator error ;-)

Downshifting clutchlessly, however, is problematic. It downshifts a bit clunkily from 6th to 5th to 4th to 3rd but refuses to shift to 2nd even with what seems to me to be considerable force on the lever. Maybe I just need to push harder or more briskly, but I’m loathe to force it and damage the transmission.

Any thoughts or suggestions for troubleshooting the problem on my own before I end up bringing it to my mechanic would be appreciated.
The 959 doesn't have a downshift blipper like the 1299 does, just up shift.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 959 doesn't have a downshift blipper like the 1299 does, just up shift.
Thx for that information. I've emailed Ducati to find-out if they have an aftermarket downshift upgrade available for the DQS on the 959. I'll update this thread when I hear from Ducati NA.

·
Registered
160 Posts
There is no OEM upgrade available as far as adding DQS-down to a 959.
Any clutchless downshifts you’re doing, you’re doing at your own risk.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thx. I got that same definitive input from Ducati NA yesterday. There is no plan for an upgrade either. Thx all.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thx. I got that same definitive input from Ducati NA yesterday. There is no plan for an upgrade either. Thx all.
You'll have to get one of the blip boxes that are made for our bike. Blip box pro, IRC quick shifter, Rapidbike, Translogic DCS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts