Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-in the market for a red 959 Panigale, preferably 2018 but it seems they're rarer this time of year. But the '19s have begun showing up at dealers. Was quoted $1700 in dealer fees (doc, setup, freight) on top of MSRP of $15,395 for a 2019 + tax --> $17,733 OTD. Definitely not paying that, but what is reasonable this time of year?

Thinking $15,400 optimistically OTD....maybe go up to $16K? Even with no chg from the '18, a dream to think I can get below MSRP?

Thanks for the guidance!

·
Registered
892 Posts
The time would be now if any, for a 2018 at least. I got my 2016 back in August 2016 for $14,499 + 7.7% tax = $15.6k USD out the door. Fees included in that $14.5k. Also financed.

Dealer had 2 stocked at any given time, but when I got mine, it was one of two that came in the same week so I'm guessing it was selling decently well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The time would be now if any, for a 2018 at least. I got my 2016 back in August 2016 for $14,499 + 7.7% tax = $15.6k USD out the door. Fees included in that $14.5k. Also financed.

Dealer had 2 stocked at any given time, but when I got mine, it was one of two that came in the same week so I'm guessing it was selling decently well.
Thanks! The dealer wouldn't budge on the $1700 in fees. As a point of comparison, where'd you get your bike?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Thanks! The dealer wouldn't budge on the $1700 in fees. As a point of comparison, where'd you get your bike?
Colorado.

My dealer stated that their various fees were absolutely required to be on the bill, but that they could subtract it from the MSRP to give me a deal.

Based on the data in the mega pricing thread for 2016 models:
  • Average: 16.6k
  • Median: 16.5k
  • High: 18.4k (first reported purchase in January)

The lows were special cases where individuals worked at the dealer (as low 14.4k), but the "normal" lows were 15.5k in March (this one I think the individual bought with cash and had very good relations) and 15.6k (in July and myself in August).

The general consensus from that thread is that if you get a 959 for around 16k, you did good. 17k is too much in my opinion and a bad deal.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Where did you go?
I would say go talk to Pete at Ducati of Winchester. Great service department, parts department and just overall they will make it worth it to be their customer. I am sure he can do better than Coleman powersports if thats where you went. Tell him Renzo sent you, super awesome guy to work with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did you go?
I would say go talk to Pete at Ducati of Winchester. Great service department, parts department and just overall they will make it worth it to be their customer. I am sure he can do better than Coleman powersports if thats where you went. Tell him Renzo sent you, super awesome guy to work with.
Thanks! Ultimately went with the other Ducati dealer in the area because they had an '18 in stock. $16,086 OTD (incl. everything...fees, tax, title), plus was able to take advantage of Ducati's current promo offering 2.99%. Happy with the deal. :smile2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts