Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying one of the two next week and cant decided between them for the life of me

19' 959corse $17k
Or
17' 1299s new old stock $19k

Input please?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
the 1299 is a waste unless you can appreciate the power it has and use it - get the 959C

·
Registered
238 Posts
To put it simply it is a choice between a 600 and a 1000. It's personal preference, I would personally go with the 1299s though. The 1299 comes with way more nice stuff on it, wheels, aluminum tank, SSA, blipper, electronics etc. The 959 Corsa has Ohlins and paint, thats it.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
IMO yes, on the race track a 959 is a little faster down the straight than a 600. I would consider it to be on par with a fast 600 on the track.
You're entitled to your opinion. The 959 is nowhere near as slow as a 600!!! Even a "fast 600"...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well.... i pulled the trigger. i went with the 1299s, i didn't want to have the regret of wishing "i should have got the good one" although it was a very hard decision! i love the paint on the 959 corse

·
Registered
238 Posts
You're entitled to your opinion. The 959 is nowhere near as slow as a 600!!! Even a "fast 600"...
Go to the eight min mark here and you'll see me playing with an R6 (until the BMW crashes). Is the 959 faster...yes, Is it gutting the R6 in the fast stuff...no. Now this was my first track day on the 959 and it was 100% stock and not set up for me yet, but motor is motor.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I think you’re forgetting the part of the equation that matters most - the rider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ridden/tracked the 959, HP4, and now a ‘15 Panigale R.

I would say the 959 punches above the 600 reference, more of a middleweight 750 in inline 4 comparison.

Nothing more satisfying than taking down liter bikes on a 959, all about entry and exit. The brakes are phenomenal and the low end grunt keeps you moving without being scary.

Liter I4s are brutal up top, but how often are you there?

I was pleasantly surprised that the ‘15 R felt just like my 959, albeit WAY lighter (my steering damper is -2 from max!) and more thrust. Deceptively fast but no big punch like the HP4/S1000RR.

The 1299S was a wise decision, I was looking at dropping close to $4k for rims on my 959 when a @KarlKani let me know two used R’s showed up at our local dealer. For a little more than the rim cost I got an R with 4K miles less than my 959. It was tricked out with non-OEM parts which to some people made it less valuable but was right up my alley.

Good choice either way, just that I used to be a giant killer and now I have the bullseye on my back.

Enjoy!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts