Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 959 successor is now named the "Panigale V2".

Major changes include:
New injectors and inlet ducts that help the motor produce five more horsepower.
A new Euro 5 exhaust.
Cornering ABS, up/down quickshifit, and wheelie control.
A 4.3-inch color TFT dashboard.
Full LED headlights.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
looks nice and has the features that I want in my 2018 model. I hate that it makes me think my bike has deficiencies now. I guess it's just going to get worse every year.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Aside from the corse model the V4’s are only red. Maybe they will do a v2 corse. It’s still just a 959 with some added goodies and different bodywork. I like it though, I liked the 959. Join the correct side, Ducati’s are red....🤣✌

·
Registered
340 Posts
Same exhaust, same tank, same sub frame, SSSA, new electronics 17-18k. Kind of a head scratcher, I like the way it looks, I think I can bolt on most for my 959 parts. Essentially paying for electronics we will see

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yep, it’s basically just the euro 5 compliant 959 with the electronics and single sided swingarm. I love the ducati looks though, and the 959 is a really great bike, doesnt have the power of the traditional litre bikes but it has plenty of power. I wonder if they have tweeked any of the engine stuff like the thermostat housing and water pump.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Looks even better than the original 959, love the single sided swingarm and exhaust treatment but not enough to trade up. No mention of dealing with the #1 customer complaint, high temperatures. Mine runs over 200 F coolant temp when running hard at any temperature above about 80F.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It seems that Ducati was reading this forum for ideas.
The color display, the LED headlights, up/down quickshift and the obvious SSSA were addressed.
The new thicker seat may help with the heat albeit mildly.
All your previous goodies should be able to port to this new iteration.
All that's missing is an "S" version with Ohlins and red Marchesini's....in AWS white of course.

·
Registered
35 Posts
not enough for me to upgrade, just cant justify, its an essentially same power with cosmetic changes, nothing revolutionary. I am keeping my 959 until next gen resurfaces
It seems that Ducati was reading this forum for ideas.
The color display, the LED headlights, up/down quickshift and the obvious SSSA were addressed.
The new thicker seat may help with the heat albeit mildly.
All your previous goodies should be able to port to this new iteration.
All that's missing is an "S" version with Ohlins and red Marchesini's....in AWS white of course.

·
Registered
128 Posts
not enough to make me switch either, but that up/down quickshifter and single-sided swing-arm though...

I'll have to burn $1000 to get an up/down quickshifter... decisions decisions

·
Registered
63 Posts
The old tank looks out of place to me. Kind of ruins the look of the bike. Gives it a mismatched, parts-bin-special feel. Hopefully it flows better in person.

·
Registered
97 Posts
not enough to make me switch either, but that up/down quickshifter and single-sided swing-arm though...

I'll have to burn $1000 to get an up/down quickshifter... decisions decisions
Plus factor in another 1500 to 2k for your first desmo service if you haven’t reached it yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah thats too, so maybe if getting new bike why not just spend few more grand and get base V4? same weight but +55 hp or so.
Plus factor in another 1500 to 2k for your first desmo service if you haven’t reached it yet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Lots of riders really like the middle weight class, I know I do, especially for the street. I think the gsxr 750 is now a thing of the past. Don’t get me wrong 1000cc bikes are fun, I have a Japanese variant of one and love it. However, I really enjoy the middle weights, the 959 is a very fun bike to ride.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree! its a tons of fun to ride street/ track
Lots of riders really like the middle weight class, I know I do, especially for the street. I think the gsxr 750 is now a thing of the past. Don’t get me wrong 1000cc bikes are fun, I have a Japanese variant of one and love it. However, I really enjoy the middle weights, the 959 is a very fun bike to ride.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts