Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hope a bunch of folks jump ship to get the new ones and sell off all their go-fast parts from the 959. I for one will be lurking in the classifieds. :)

t_bare

Reactions: able duc

·
Registered
97 Posts
It’s pretty cold out this morning. I went for a ride to test out my new jacket with thermal liner, (works well). I sure do miss my little heater on these cold mornings 😁

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
@Forewarned
Thanks for that review. One this note, here's a screenshot of that video that includes something that caught my attention.
See if you're seeing what I'm seeing at 1:40 in the video (attached)?

Attachments

Reactions: Forewarned

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
@Forewarned
Sure looks like it. First Panigale to get some.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It may also just be part of the dash the Pani doesn't use that another model like the Street Fighter or Multi does.
Or it can either be STD or as an accessory. Time will tell.

Reactions: Forewarned

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hmm. No AWS? I knew I made the right choice with my 959 when I rushed out and got it because I sensed the end was near and they kept disappearing and IMO still is the most beautiful Duc. The V2 having the up/down shifter and that display is a big FU to us though 😔.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought my 959 three summers ago. Thought about upgrading to Ohlins shocks, but decided to wait till this fall to see what Ducati would roll out. Not enough of a difference to justify the $9,000 after tax trade in differential. Bought a 2019 959 corsa with 1,500 miles on it. Shocks with installation is $3,000, upcoming valve job would be at least $1,500.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My plan is to wait for the V2 S to upgrade from 959. Hard to step away from 0% financing.
Bought my 959 three summers ago. Thought about upgrading to Ohlins shocks, but decided to wait till this fall to see what Ducati would roll out. Not enough of a difference to justify the $9,000 after tax trade in differential. Bought a 2019 959 corsa with 1,500 miles on it. Shocks with installation is $3,000, upcoming valve job would be at least $1,500.

·
Registered
30 Posts

This could be the replacement for my R6.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
A V2S edition with Ohlins and Marchesini forged wheels would be awesome production bike.

·
Registered
365 Posts
its looking like a good amount of stuff will bolt on (from 959), I might dive in as soon as there is track fairings available

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m going to wait for an S or Corse to come out, not fussed with electronic suspension BUT I’m not going backwards on suspension from my 959 Corse with Ohlins. Yes my akra under system will swap plus some other bits, but I’m waiting

·
Registered
204 Posts
I’m going to wait for an S or Corse to come out.
Be a bit of a wait won't it for a special addition to come out? Not a lot of people other than us would shell out rather than going up to the big pony.

I think we can spec our own bikes far beyond what the factory will do, limited edition factory specials they will never be but at least you can remove all your special bits and put them on the next. Aye Karl?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Be a bit of a wait won't it for a special addition to come out? Not a lot of people other than us would shell out rather than going up to the big pony.

I think we can spec our own bikes far beyond what the factory will do, limited edition factory specials they will never be but at least you can remove all your special bits and put them on the next. Aye Karl?
An "S" or Corse is of zero interest to me. The Öhlins it would come with wouldn't be what I wouldnt be he same as adding Öhlins to your bike. All you need it Carts for the forks, this is substantially cheaper then the entire fork, plus you can customize your springs which is crucial and heaven forbid they throw the electronic Öhlins on it hone you are shelling out bread to make it manual again. Same force rear, on a S version you get what you get on the spring... Corse is all about the paint job, and lets face it it does look good. But I dont ride on the street and picking out a livery for track plastics is way more fun then any Corse.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts