1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great place for track days. Everyone should get to do it at least once.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Never got the chance to do any laps myself but I did watch a MotoAmerica race and check out the museum. Great experience. I hope to make it an annual trip in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am hoping to hit Barber on June 3rd with STT. This will be my first time on this track. Any helpful info for a newbie?

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've not been there either. It's been on my "list" for some time though. June sounds like a good time to go. I've been told by several people to avoid the dates early or late in the season as the temperatures can be surprisingly cool.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've not been there either. It's been on my "list" for some time though. June sounds like a good time to go. I've been told by several people to avoid the dates early or late in the season as the temperatures can be surprisingly cool.
Actually...June can already somewhat of the warmer side. Keep in mind that the heat index can quite high down there...so...bring enough water and look at the index rather than the temperature alone. Early/late in the year is actually a hit-or-miss. Have been there in March and November over the past 2 years and while it was a bit chilly in the morning, it warmed up to like mid-50s throughout the day. Then again, you may also experience mid-30s and some snow flakes but that is rare in my view.

March/April/May and September/October/November are usually the times I go since riding in like 110+ degree heat index during at least July/August takes quite some commitment...

At the end of the day...Barber is my absolute favorite track by a wide margin in the North/South East...and even on a bad day you can spend hours in the museum...I guarantee you'll love it... ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am hoping to hit Barber on June 3rd with STT. This will be my first time on this track. Any helpful info for a newbie?
Based on your wording, I assume you are not new to track riding. Just take it easy the first session and learn the track. It'll take you a few laps to get used to the track as well as being comfortable due to the blind corners/hills. Novice/Intermediate will be behind an instructor for the sessions (Novice)/laps (Intermediate) anyway. Simply ask a coach to give you a tow around the track for a session or two...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Based on your wording, I assume you are not new to track riding. Just take it easy the first session and learn the track. It'll take you a few laps to get used to the track as well as being comfortable due to the blind corners/hills. Novice/Intermediate will be behind an instructor for the sessions (Novice)/laps (Intermediate) anyway. Simply ask a coach to give you a tow around the track for a session or two...

I am only 45 mins away from Mid-Ohio so I basically live there during the warm months. Not sure if I will run intermediate or advance, depends on if a couple of guys will head down with me. Good idea on grabbing a coach to follow for a few laps. I have been watching some old AMA videos on Youtube but doesn't compare to being on the track.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts