Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny you should mention that, I've been looking around at different options. Do you have any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
well... I do!

Mg OZ is what I'm gonna end up with... that's all I have to say...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Funny you should mention that, I've been looking around at different options. Do you have any recommendations?
I am a little biased... Carbon Fiber. Rotobox.

Reactions: MotoMillion

·
Registered
439 Posts
That's what I thought when I got my bike until I saw one with black wheels - not enough distinction so I forgot about the BST's
Well, the texture of the carbon fiber makes a difference as opposed to straight black and the design is distinct versus the plain look of the cast wheels. Mine are matte, not gloss, which adds to the aesthetics.

However, this being said, what is most important is the significant weight savings and moving the mass to the center of the rim; it provides far more performance gains than any exhaust or fueling upgrade ever is capable of. Not only will the bike handle and brake better, the less weight at the outside of the wheel and 15 less lbs. allows the bike to accelerate that much quicker.

Not sure of the importance of the look from the side, when all you will see is my tail as I am disappearing off to the next corner...

Of course, there is nothing to stop you from ordering them in a different color if you so choose.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I agree the texture makes a difference, however, only standing still within roughly 8-10 feet IMO. We're also aware that CF wheels is the absolute best performance mod you can do outside of supercharging or installing a turbo ;P
let's see your wheels on your bike - take some pics for us! we'd love to see!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I agree the texture makes a difference, however, only standing still within roughly 8-10 feet IMO. We're also aware that CF wheels is the absolute best performance mod you can do outside of supercharging or installing a turbo ;P
let's see your wheels on your bike - take some pics for us! we'd love to see!
This is on the Bellissimoto website on the Rotobox page.

Edit: I am not trying to hijack this build thread, however since the topic of upgrades and specifically wheels arose, I thought this was as good a place as any to provide several option from which one can choose regarding mods.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Say buh bye to the stock, we everything. New suspension, sprocket, chain, power commander, exhaust, rear-sets, blip box, race fairings, clip ons, handlebar controls, engine tuning, tires and more to come.
Are you building this to be a track bike?

·
487 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Yes. I originally purchased the bike to ride on public roads, but I don't do much of that anymore. There's nothing quite like the track.
I agree. I've never personally tried switching to a carbon fiber or composite rim, but I know that upgrade has many benefits.

Reactions: jpanigale

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
back in '98 when I put mag Marchesini's on my CBR 600F3, it made a world of difference. I can only image how much MORE of a difference CF wheels would be on the 959... turn it into a 1299 probably!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
For road use which wheel is stronger. Forged alloy or cast magnesium. Seems the cast magnesium wouldn't hold up to the potholes as well?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
For road use which wheel is stronger. Forged alloy or cast magnesium. Seems the cast magnesium wouldn't hold up to the potholes as well?
depends on how well the road is maintained... if the roads are poor with potholes then anything can bend out of shape if you hit it at the right angle and right speed

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well, the texture of the carbon fiber makes a difference as opposed to straight black and the design is distinct versus the plain look of the cast wheels. Mine are matte, not gloss, which adds to the aesthetics.

However, this being said, what is most important is the significant weight savings and moving the mass to the center of the rim; it provides far more performance gains than any exhaust or fueling upgrade ever is capable of. Not only will the bike handle and brake better, the less weight at the outside of the wheel and 15 less lbs. allows the bike to accelerate that much quicker.

Not sure of the importance of the look from the side, when all you will see is my tail as I am disappearing off to the next corner...

Of course, there is nothing to stop you from ordering them in a different color if you so choose.
Excuse me, what wheel is that in the picture? I think I just fell in love. Please don't tell my wife.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Excuse me, what wheel is that in the picture? I think I just fell in love. Please don't tell my wife.
Gallery*|*Rotobox

Check out the gallery and contact Bellissimoto... they can get you the Rotobox wheels in the color and design that you desire.

Your secret is safe at the moment...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts