Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Confirmed with a Ducati NA rep that it won’t come with an auto blipper. I’d rather spend a few thousand more and get the V4. A few pics from the show.

Attachments

· Registered
1,948 Posts
Who really gives a **** about an "auto blipper" ??? The thing comes with UP and DOWN Ducati Quick Shift - just like on the 1299. And if you 959 owners think you'll just add it to your bike, think again... you'll need the ECU, throttle bodies, stacks and associated plumbing and associated shift switch and wiring.
All in all for an extra $3.5K for the CORSE over the regular, you're getting an Ohlins upgrade all around, the DQS U/DN shift, limited number and paint scheme. I'll get one used in a couple years...

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Who really gives a **** about an "auto blipper" ??? The thing comes with UP and DOWN Ducati Quick Shift - just like on the 1299. And if you 959 owners think you'll just add it to your bike, think again... you'll need the ECU, throttle bodies, stacks and associated plumbing and associated shift switch and wiring.
All in all for an extra $3.5K for the CORSE over the regular, you're getting an Ohlins upgrade all around, the DQS U/DN shift, limited number and paint scheme. I'll get one used in a couple years...
Calm down Dingo. Auto blipper = down quick shifter. To translate further for you, it will only come with an up quick shifter.

· Registered
1,948 Posts
If I were any calmer I’d be asleep... an auto blipper is a device that pulses the throttle before the shift of a lower gear - but only the throttle pulse the blipper handles... that’s my understanding of the term. Let’s just call it for what it is, since we’re intelligent adults- DQS.

And are you saying the new 959 CORSE does Not come with Up and Down DQS? You’re wrong if u are saying that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
894 Posts
@Dingo, you're arguing semantics, but the widely accepted term for the feature that automatically blips the throttle for upshifts is indeed "auto blipper" - nothing new since its inception.

And are you saying the new 959 CORSE does Not come with Up and Down DQS? You’re wrong if u are saying that...
By the way, no where on any article or product detail page shows the Corse having Up and Down DQS. So now its his word vs yours.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Following 2~3 months, no official published confirmation about the 2018 Panigale 959 Corse having a Downshifting Auto blipper QS.

Reactions: cavlino
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.