Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2018 959 about 4 months ago. Performance parts installed are sprint f1 filter, competition werkes slip on and
Power commander. Took the bike in for a dyno tune and after some adjustments it put down 142.2 at the rear wheel. I just ordered the Bren tune and am going to load there maps on there then take it back to the dyno. Will post new results soon.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mine is going on the dyno on Sunday, I already have the new map from BrenTune loaded in there with the Sprint air filter, so I will run with their map first and get some good baseline pulls, then use the box to flash back to the stock map and rerun it and see the comparison and report back. I will have HP, TQ and AFR for all runs.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not great news. The BrenTune map is way rich and I lost 3hp over the stock map.

Ignore the crazy lean AFR under 6k, I had forgotten to block the PAIR valve or whatever the air injection system is called. At 6k the valve clearly closed and the readings are accurate.

Waiting to hear from the BrenTune folks to see if they have any suggestions, or if this will just be a really expensive box to reset things and clear diag codes. hehe

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Nothing really changed in the chart, that sucks. I was hoping it would have a better curve.
Well, I just got off the phone with Chris at BrenTuning and he is having his tuner look into it. It could be something stupid like they sent me a map for a bike with aftermarket exhaust, hence why it ran rich...

I know the Dyno is good and the tuner is great, that I use. Huey from Marietta Motorsports is a great tuner... I was bummed that the bike made less power with the map, however, the bike obviously runs damned will stock. I wish that I new where the SAIS hose is so I could have blocked it to get accurate AFR readings below 6000rpm...

So I was bummed about that, and then more so when my buddy tossed his bone stock 2019 Triumph Speed Triple RS on the dyno and wash pushing 138hp/80ft/lbs at the wheel... Triumph claims 148hp at the crank so I was guessing 128 at the wheel, but it was consistent at 138hp... Stomped all over my Panigale, was 19hp more than my 2017 Speed Triple. The tweaks they made to the new RS are way more than I was expecting... It's a fantastic motor, this latest generation 1050 triple...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Get some block off plates for the pair system, they go on the right side of the cylinder head I think.
Well, my preference is to just plug the hose. I already have the marbles and it's faster and can quickly be undone if the bike has to go in for warranty work...

Does anyone know where that hose comes off the airbox at?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Get some block off plates for the pair system, they go on the right side of the cylinder head I think.
Does it look like this, where the blockoff plates would connect?

If that is where one of the blockoff plates go, then I think that the hose goes up to this hole in the airbox that I have circled in red and blocked off with an expandable seal? Basically you insert the rubber part and screw in the screw and it expands to lodge itself in the hole, just like how the windscreen or other anchors work...

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Does it look like this, where the blockoff plates would connect?

If that is where one of the blockoff plates go, then I think that the hose goes up to this hole in the airbox that I have circled in red and blocked off with an expandable seal? Basically you insert the rubber part and screw in the screw and it expands to lodge itself in the hole, just like how the windscreen or other anchors work...
The first pic is where one of the block off plates go yes.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The first pic is where one of the block off plates go yes.
Ok, then I am 99% sure that the airbox hole that I plugged, was the AIS inlet. From what I can see, there is a small box or something mounted to the bottom of the airbox that the hose runs from, to where the blockoff plate would go. If that's the case, then plugging that hole should disable SAI, while leaving it intact in case I need to reverse it and turn it back on...

Anyone know much about the Up Map T800?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts