Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Thanks to Cycleworld we have a few preliminary engine specs available to us...

Ok so what CW is saying is that the 959 panigale motor is a 'hybrid' of sorts. Not hybrid like gas-electric, but hybrid in the sense that the new Twin is the product of mating the 899's 100mm bore to the 60.8mm stroke of big brother 1299 which nets a 955cc displacement.

They claim HP gains will be minuscule BUT there should be massive gains in TQ.

Because the 959's 60.8mm stroke was lifted from the 1299, it will also use the same 110.1mm length conrods which they claim could promote higher secondary imbalances then the 899 (the shorter the conrod in relation to stroke, the more this imbalance is felt)

For now that's all we know... officially...

·
Registered
82 Posts
It will be very interesting to read reviews from people who can really notice the little differences between the different Panigale bikes. More torque sounds good to me though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be very interesting to read reviews from people who can really notice the little differences between the different Panigale bikes. More torque sounds good to me though.
the 899 had a strange sopt in the power band, should be noticeable if its gone now...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Indeed.

More lower end torque is what i've heard people talking about and the 959 should help in addressing those demands.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts