Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I just recently had to replace my left hand oem mirror due to a boo boo that happened. Ordered from a reputable Ducati dealer and noticed a few things (see pictures below). When I took the mirror out. First thing I noticed, is that the Ducati logo underneath has been shaved off. Second, is how the actual signal light housing is protruding from the whole assembly. Comparing it to my right side OEM, there were no such defects. Did I just receive some bootleg or is this the real deal now a days?

The new brand spankin new mirror

Right side, from the factory mirror

Brand spankin new mirror with signal light housing protrusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ducati typically wraps their parts in a plastic bag with a white Ducati label that has the part number and description on it. Is that how your part came?
No white label with part number. Just wrapped in a bag with bubble wrap in the box along with my invoice. Here’s what they replied with “As seen with many of Ducati's new OEM parts, accessories, and apparel, there have been manufacturer changes that may be the reason the finish of the mirror is slightly different from your original mirror that comes stock on your bike.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts