Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best looking fender eliminator for the 959, I want something that looks factory, clean and plug and play, no butchering of the stock wiring harness.

Thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Not the NRC. I have it, don't think I would buy again with the other options out there.
Really like the look of the CW parts.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Evotech is a clean looking unit that will accommodate your stock tail lights and after-market ones such as those offered by DP.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I really like the look of the Motobox FE! I have my eye on it but it is definitely pricey!

Ducati Panigale Slimline LED Fender Elimintaor - motobox, llc
I've seen this video about an individual who installed this on his 959, but HOLY MOLY THAT IS PRICEY!

Motobox said:
NOTE: This kit and it’s LED’s are designed to be fully visible at car/driver height from behind the motorcycle as you are riding. Up close it is designed to disappear.
In the video I linked, I felt as if the brightness was severely lacking which put me off from looking into it more, but based on this note, it might be brighter from farther away?

·
Registered
50 Posts
In the video I linked, I felt as if the brightness was severely lacking which put me off from looking into it more, but based on this note, it might be brighter from farther away?
Yep, I saw that video too! In fact if you scroll down a bit you'll see my comment on top asking the EXACT same question concerning the brightness of the LEDs. :) I hope he gets back to me about it.

Even if it is bright though, what are your thoughts on the price? It 'looks' much better to me but man...that price is waay high. the integrated version would be great too, but $$$. >:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Patiently waiting for motodynamic.com to build one. I want their integrated tail light with some cool options. I will purchase the plate holder and block off plate if they look good (close to the rear tire version).

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
487 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not the NRC. I have it, don't think I would buy again with the other options out there.
Really like the look of the CW parts.
I agree strongly. Not a ton of better options out there yet, but for the cost, its just doesn't strike me as a $180 quality piece. I'd wait and buy something else. Frankly, I'd just get a license plate mount and go sans rear turn signals for the cost until something better comes out. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree strongly. Not a ton of better options out there yet, but for the cost, its just doesn't strike me as a $180 quality piece. I'd wait and buy something else. Frankly, I'd just get a license plate mount and go sans rear turn signals for the cost until something better comes out. Just my $0.02.
A big +1 here.

I bought the NRC and it's just sitting in storage, untouched. I should have known better, but it is far too protruding and just about ruins the smoothened rear silhouette. Also the quality is, err, on the "meh" side of things for a $180 piece of kit like @ASavageFox suggests. If I didn't live in California, I'd go rear-turn-signal-free and stick to a solo plate-mount; currently thinking of Motobox, but their kit unfortunately leaves a large unfilled gap between the base of the tail-piece, and where the license plate mount goes, so it's an empty area... where even the side-tucking of the license plate LED light wiring (for avoiding open exposure) is easily visible and just looks like an afterthought altogether: and thus it leaves something to be desired where the body panels converge towards one another.

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
@DJ Shrug - that's cool but it reminds me of 80's disco too much... not something I would use on my killer looking Panigale. I'm happy with my CW integrated!

·
Registered
42 Posts
What's the deal with the NRC kit? Why the negative comments all of a sudden?

Personally I went with the R&G kit cause it was what's accessible when I was looking for one. The Evotech kit seems a lot cleaner though and after getting their exhaust mount, quality looks topnotch!

·
Registered
892 Posts
@DJ Shrug - that's cool but it reminds me of 80's disco too much... not something I would use on my killer looking Panigale.
I completely agree, that one has a lot going on. I'd much rather prefer the Motodynamic one without the sequential lighting turned on such that when signaling, the brake light and turn signal lights alternate.

I'm still happy with my kit and hope it lasts a long time. I personally don't have any gripes with it or even nit-picks.

Like how @Renzo520 feels, if I had to ever replace it, I'd go with something else.

·
Registered
18 Posts
SSR carbon fiber under tail, led turn signal strips, comp works fender eliminator kit. Put all of it together and it looks great for under $400.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts

Personally I went with the R&G kit cause it was what's accessible when I was looking for one. The Evotech kit seems a lot cleaner though and after getting their exhaust mount, quality looks topnotch!
It just doesn't strike me as $180 quality. The direction, only on their website, are absolutely worthless.

Also, the motodutchman video has a few issues, first, I would not suggest that anyone leave the wiring running through the same hole as the long bolt attached to the washer and nut. The washer will be crushing the wiring and over time will certainly chaff into the harness and eventually ground out. Instead, there is a little area about 2 inches further forward where you can route the wiring and it still comes out under the fender eliminator... it takes a little finesse but is doable. Second, the countersunk holes on the license plate bracket are for mounting the two brackets and thus the countersunk holes are ON TOP, not on bottom as stated in the video.

Not sure about others, but my "long bolt" was not even close to long enough to get it started into the nut and still be able to have enough room to remove the double sided tape cover.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts