Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you ride predominately on the street where your number of track days are limited, I'd say you won't be disappointed.
Very high quality (fit and finish) where you're recycling your stock blinkers or something similar that won't attract the attention of your local LEO.
Ordering it now. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
@Pard
You may want to buy a set of long Hex Keys if you don't have any. They'll come-in handy and not just for this install.
Here's what to expect in terms of look.

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
@Pard
You may want to buy a set of long Hex Keys if you don't have any. They'll come-in handy and not just for this install.
Here's what to expect in terms of look.
Thanks for the pic and advice.

I am hovering over the buy button and now seeing this kit. The Olson fender eliminator.

Anybody use this one? Same price point. Are the arrow turn indicators not street legal?

Thread about it here:

http://www.959panigale.net/forum/959-panigale-aftermarket-parts-accessories/10697-omr-perfomance-fender-eliminator.html

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Are the arrow turn indicators not street legal?
The answer you seek may be different depending on laws where you ride.
For example, here in Ontario the shape of the turn signals is an non-issue.
What's important however, is their color (amber), the license plate location, orientation, illumination and having rear reflectors. Lack of a fender is also not permitted in Ontario but given the Evotech license plate location especially with stock reflectors being so close to the end of the rear tire, it's defend-able. In real life, you would have to really irritate your LEO for him to fine you just for that.

As a ex-post edit:
The laws and regs are one thing, not attracting negative attention as a reason for being pulled-over is another.
Notwithstanding, what's most important of all for me is being seen by other drivers and them knowing my turning and stopping intentions.

·
Registered
91 Posts
DONT BUY NRC!
NRC sucks, directions are trash, doesnt fit properly,just save yourself the effort
I got a competition werkes limited fender eliminator, does the job for 20$ less.
Ummm... pretty sure there are A LOT of people out there with the NRC that are very happy with it. (me for one)

What caused you trouble with the directions? I thought they were very clear and easy to follow. Also, what doesn't fit properly? Mine fit perfectly...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ummm... pretty sure there are A LOT of people out there with the NRC that are very happy with it. (me for one)

What caused you trouble with the directions? I thought they were very clear and easy to follow. Also, what doesn't fit properly? Mine fit perfectly...
You are right, there are a lot of people happy with it. That is why I tried it out at first.
The problem was that the directions were telling me to put a screw where there wasn't a hole for it. I know what your thinking, and no I'm not an idiot, I had three of my buddies try and find what the directions were telling me to do on the bike and they couldn't as well. When I tried to place it where it was supposed to go, the sticky sides wouldn't even sit flush where it was supposed to fit. Maybe I just got a bad one, but my experience was terrible.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had ordered the CW standard for mine as soon as I open the package the turn signal mount looks like it covers the entire holes that the Ducati have on its tail.... I don’t like that idea... I’m thinking if I should exchange it for a different one... I attached the pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the NRC but like it was said early in the post the directions suck.
The picture a Blurred here even see black/white when ask for digital copy it’s much letters but I haven’t started it yet... because it looks like it’s gonna up the beautiful holes from turn signal mount that makes it unique about panigale over other brand bikes...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I really like the look of the Motobox FE! I have my eye on it but it is definitely pricey!

Ducati Panigale Slimline LED Fender Elimintaor - motobox, llc
I've seen this video about an individual who installed this on his 959, but HOLY MOLY THAT IS PRICEY!

Motobox said:
NOTE: This kit and it’s LED’s are designed to be fully visible at car/driver height from behind the motorcycle as you are riding. Up close it is designed to disappear.
In the video I linked, I felt as if the brightness was severely lacking which put me off from looking into it more, but based on this note, it might be brighter from farther away?
Did anyone end up getting this one? I'm thinking about it but wow that price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have ordered a NRC Fender Eliminator with the turn signals for my 959 corse. Hope its not going to be a nightmare to install. I do have a CW on my Panigale 1199S. It was pretty easy to install. The problem is the turn signals are a little hard to see during the day as they are hidden in the air ducts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have ordered a NRC Fender Eliminator with the turn signals for my 959 corse. Hope its not going to be a nightmare to install. I do have a CW on my Panigale 1199S. It was pretty easy to install. The problem is the turn signals are a little hard to see during the day as they are hidden in the air ducts.
I was considering the NRC for the price but I was never 100% a fan of how the turn signals stick out but then I seen how many people seem to regret buying it. I was also considering the CW integrated tail/signal with the motodynamic license plate but am concerned how hard they would be able to be seen during the day after watching some videos.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
So you have the integrated lights with the undertail plate? How is the visibility during the day with the brake light and turn signal? Any pics?
As far as I could tell they are nice and bright led's. I don't have any pics of it on my bike but I can take some if needed. The website pics are true to form function and brightness.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So you have the integrated lights with the undertail plate? How is the visibility during the day with the brake light and turn signal? Any pics?
As far as I could tell they are nice and bright led's. I don't have any pics of it on my bike but I can take some if needed. The website pics are true to form function and brightness.
Ok, how long ago did you order from them? I placed an order last week, the charge shows on my card but I never received any confirmation or order details. They are also not answering any of my messages.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just a couple of months ago they sent me a new plate holder for free under warranty. All I did was shoot them an email and it was in the mail. They got back to me same day.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts