Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Ducati performance GP shift rod for sale. It was on my 959 when I bought it and GP pattern is just not my preference. The quickshifter still functions normally with this the only difference is the reverse shift pattern (1 up and 5 down). Comes with original packaging, all parts, and instructions. Plug & play everything so this is easy to return to stock should you ever decide to. $250 shipped within the lower 48. This was on the bike for less than 350 miles.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
Got a part number? I'll probably take it.

Only if you post a pic of your vette....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The part number is 96676410B. I have pics of the shifter as well as the packaging but I don't have a high enough post count on this site to post pics yet...PM me your email and I will be happy to send them. As for the Vette...I sold that car about 2 years ago but I can dig up some old pics of that too if you like!

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
I just saw it was only functional with stock rearsets. I guess I'm out. Great price if you're looking for this!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just saw it was only functional with stock rearsets. I guess I'm out. Great price if you're looking for this!
That seems strange to me...do most aftermarket rearsets come with a replacement shift rod? The GP rod that I have is exactly the same as the stock rod as far as dimensions go. Where did you find that info?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also just found it is not listed as compatible with the 959 but I 100% guarantee that it is. This was installed on my 959 by the Ducati dealer before it left the showroom floor. I rode the bike with it installed and it worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
892 Posts
That seems strange to me...do most aftermarket rearsets come with a replacement shift rod? The GP rod that I have is exactly the same as the stock rod as far as dimensions go. Where did you find that info?
If you have the ability to swap between on normal and reverse shift on a set of aftermarket rearsets, you're gonna want a normal shift rod, as its designed around the rod tension.

I'd imagine however, that if you bought normal shift aftermarket rearsets, the reverse rod would still work and just convert that to reverse shift (provided there's no clearance/binding issues).

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you have the ability to swap between on normal and reverse shift on a set of aftermarket rearsets, you're gonna want a normal shift rod, as its designed around the rod tension.

I'd imagine however, that if you bought normal shift aftermarket rearsets, the reverse rod would still work and just convert that to reverse shift (provided there's no clearance/binding issues).

It would work fine you'd just have to flip the knuckle at the transmission based on which you were using. Can't imagine why you'd want to do that tho...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It would work fine you'd just have to flip the knuckle at the transmission based on which you were using. Can't imagine why you'd want to do that tho...

The rod I am selling is the exact same as the stock rod in every way except for the direction that the internal "switch" works. It will work with ANY rearsets that the stock rod will work with.

Still for sale.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts

Flipping the knuckle at the trans with the 'STOCK' rod will convert it into the a physical GP pattern, however, the QS function will be backwards. Working only on downshifts. (push vs pull) You need the specific GP shift rod if you're using stock, or stock patterned rear sets for the QS to work properly in the GP pattern.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
The rod I am selling is the exact same as the stock rod in every way except for the direction that the internal "switch" works. It will work with ANY rearsets that the stock rod will work with.

Still for sale.
Do you have a pic of the rod in question? The OE stock and GP rods are slightly different in appearance.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Flipping the knuckle at the trans with the 'STOCK' rod will convert it into the a physical GP pattern, however, the QS function will be backwards. Working only on downshifts. (push vs pull) You need the specific GP shift rod if you're using stock, or stock patterned rear sets for the QS to work properly in the GP pattern.

I know. In context I was simply saying you could use either one physically and if you have rearsets that allow either shift pattern then you could use either qs rod you would just have to get the orientation correct.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you have a pic of the rod in question? The OE stock and GP rods are slightly different in appearance.
Yes I do have pics of the GP rod however my post count on this forum is not high enough to allow me to put them in a thread. If you would like to PM me your email I will be happy to send them to you.

Clay

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I know. In context I was simply saying you could use either one physically and if you have rearsets that allow either shift pattern then you could use either qs rod you would just have to get the orientation correct.

Gotcha!! :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Well that's definitely the GP shift rod! lol! Designed to work with the OE rear sets, but I would imagine it would be compatible with any aftermarket rear set made to fit the 959 as long as you are setup using the same direction of travel as stock - as @DJ Shrug mentioned previously. The "flip" at the trans knuckle is what changes the direction physically (as we all know)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts