Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just picked up my 16' 959 panigale and i'm wondering if anyone has any solution to the fact this bike has no helmet lock besides just using a cable of some sort and locking it that way? I have seen helmet locks added to 1199 panigale's but have yet to find one for the 959. Does anyone know of one?

·
Registered
25 Posts
From what I understand the 1299 and 899 fall into the 959 parts category. This is a lock that looks like it may work, not sure, but it maybe a starting point. I cant post a link but if you go to Sato Racing's website the have one that fits at the passenger pegs

·
Registered
892 Posts
From what I understand the 1299 and 899 fall into the 959 parts category. This is a lock that looks like it may work, not sure, but it maybe a starting point. I cant post a link but if you go to Sato Racing's website the have one that fits at the passenger pegs
Not necessarily true, especially in this case. Typically the 959 and 1299 share a lot of common parts, but the subframe of the 1299/959 is different from the 899/1199, and even then there's some differences between the 959 and 1299 subframe. The Sato Racing helmet lock also specifically states:

Sato Racing said:
NOTE: Will not fit 1199 Panigale with Termignoni full
exhaust system. Not compatible with 959 or 1299 Panigale.
The problem with the Panigale passenger peg accessories (ie. tow hooks or the helmet lock) from Sato Racing is that the mounting location of the 899/1199 passenger pegs moved toward the engine in the 959/1299, so clearance is tight against the OEM heat shield. Adding thickness causes clearance issues. Hence why they aren't listed under 959/1299.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. Its sketchy at times, as I've bought parts that sometimes work, and sometimes specific. It does make perfect what you are saying.

Ducati959: I'm also using the same lock as LA_Stu, just sometimes its a nuisance getting to the combination when the helmets locked in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts