Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my 2016 959 was stolen the other day.
It was in my condo parking spot in a secure area.. They just drove in and picked it up and put it in the van. They also got my friends R1m at the same time... So much scum on this planet...

Keep your babies locked up!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I'm so sorry to read. I hope your insurance provides full new replacement value.

·
Registered
126 Posts
How do we prevent our bikes to get stolen? ... is the Ducati alarm system even worth it?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
How do we prevent our bikes to get stolen? ... is the Ducati alarm system even worth it?
The best way is to tether it to the earth in some way the chain cannot be cut without causing a big scene - If the thief knows it will take some effort he will pass it by.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The best way is to tether it to the earth in some way the chain cannot be cut without causing a big scene - If the thief knows it will take some effort he will pass it by.
That actually sounds like a pain in the ***. lol wonder what the Ducati alarm even does, think if I leave it in first gear and install that system I may be fine on the roads of Houston.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Security in layers is the way to go, but at the end of the day, the best thing (or best realistic option at least) to get is some good insurance - the layers deter the small-time thieves, but nothing's gonna stop a pro.

Reactions: YOGI-G

·
Registered
30 Posts
A torch doesn't make that much noise to cut the chain though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If a garage is not available, I would have a bike cover with an alarm built in, then have a motorcycle alarm on top of that, a sign on the dash saying that they are being recorded as they are reading the sign lol, and like others said, tie it up to planet Earth. Obviously nothing is foolproof and if someone wants your bike bad enough they will get it. So make sure you have at least comprehensive coverage on your bike.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Oh Man! That really sucks. Insurance had better pay for a new ride. At least you are getting something out of all those insurance premium payments you made.

Next bike go for the full james Bond security system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts