Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this fall winter I will be converting my 959 to be track only. Here is a list of the conversion and a teaser image, more soon.

+Race fairings - MotoXp
+Fasteners - Dzus
+Front fairing stays - DBholders
+Rear subframe - DBholders
+GP shift conversion - Woodcraft conversion for existing WC rearsets
+Ignition delete - BSD
+Left control module - BSD
+Brake Lever Guard - DP
+SBS 900 DS brake pads
+Upgrade lap timer - Form Aim Solo2 to Aim Solo2 DL
+Clutch cover - DP billet

I should say I already have light wheels, exhaust, upgraded masters, auto blip... So its a good base to start from.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Race anytime in the future or just a track toy?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Race anytime in the future or just a track toy?

No plans to race, I have a lot to learn on the track. I just got way more enjoyment out of my track time and decided this will be my focus going forward. Also aside from minimal street time this summer, I found that I would rather be on my dirt bike when I am not on the track. Multiple factors, just prioritizing the time I have to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Excellent project @KarlKani !! I'm curious - do you have ECU tuning hardware installed in order to make tweaks while at the track?

EDIT: Ohh, and that plastic looks good!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent project @KarlKani !! I'm curious - do you have ECU tuning hardware installed in order to make tweaks while at the track?

EDIT: Ohh, and that plastic looks good!

I have Akra slips with the dedicated DP map. I don’t need anything else and I don’t want to be messing with mapping at the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Going "old school" with the livery! Nice!!

I put a DB Holder subframe on my 1199 this year. Big weight difference. Unfortunately I haven't been to the track yet this year.... : (

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Ok, but why this message to go along with those fairings?
Race might have additional requirements such as safety wiring and gas tank sliders and other limitations (depending on class), such as stock master.

Since @KarlKani has no plans race in the future, its a free for all for funsies.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I thought of going this route, but I'm going the race route, even though I said I wouldn't. I am getting to the point where I am outpacing the A Groups track day riders by a decent margin. So race plastics is where I will be heading along with wiring anything with liquid and brake components. Track time also becomes less expensive with racing in my area. $150 a track day VS $250. Thursday open sessions prior to race weekend only $100.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can't help but ask; What are you getting for each of those endorsements? 0:)
Here is the breakdown, keep in mind some of these contracts are not 100% ironed out yet

+Marlboro has agreed to keep my corner bodega stocked with reds that do NOT have the NY state tax stamp on them, $8 a pack

+Ohlins said they could not give me any parts but would give me some coupons for free cinnamon rolls at my local IKEA in red hook, only valid on saturdays and sundays

+Alice is going to provide internet hotspots for me at Arthur Ave

+Shell has agreed to waive all air compressor fees at MOST shell stations in the NE region

+Fila will be sending me 3 track suits, all burgundy

+Akrapovic has offered me a "Factory Ride", apparently this is a bus tour of the balkans with no security guards

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here is the breakdown, keep in mind some of these contracts are not 100% ironed out yet

+Marlboro has agreed to keep my corner bodega stocked with reds that do NOT have the NY state tax stamp on them, $8 a pack

+Ohlins said they could not give me any parts but would give me some coupons for free cinnamon rolls at my local IKEA in red hook, only valid on saturdays and sundays

+Shell has agreed to waive all air compressor fees at MOST shell stations in the NE region

+Akrapovic has offered me a "Factory Ride", apparently this is a bus tour of the balkans with no security guards
Your contract manager really knows how to whip up a hella deal for his #1 rider!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts

That just brings tears to my eyes!

·
Registered
224 Posts
@DarR Know what else brings tears to the eyes? Getting tagged by a Roman Candle!

https://youtu.be/hK0zc2tG1kU

Mr. Kani and I were at the year end track celebration, I just realized that road racing is where all the ex-teenage motocrossers got to die, a really crazy bunch!

This guy was ready for the party!

(Photo courtesy of Mr. Kani)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 84 Posts