Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to ask the question about track fairings. Been searching around for 1299 fairings (which I'm assuming is compatible) and only found a couple of obscure recommendations and vendors. Here's what I found:
Anyone have experience with buying a set of track fairings for 959/1299? I'm just curious.

·
Super Moderator
556 Posts
I've raced 250 GP bikes for 20 years, Yam TZ250's and Honda RS250's. Done a bit of GP45 racing here in the UK. ( 450 Motocross bikes converted into road racers ). Currently racing a little ZXR400 I built from a box of bits in F400. The 959 will race in the "Sound of Thunder " series. Just club level but still cut throat. Basically big twins vs 675 triples. It's going to be a lot of fun.

It seems the 959 has no true race plastics, just the ducati track plastics which aren't strong enough for racing.
I have bought the 899/1199 race plastics, front sub-frame
and race air scoops as I've been told the standard ones where too restrictive.

First issue will be whether the 899 race air filter will fit, will let you know.

I will look into the throttle spacer, the gearing I expected to be way too tall. We only have a couple big booming tracks here, ( Silverstone and Thruxton ) the rest are all scratchers tracks.

The aim is to get out before the end of this season for a shakedown test and race a full season next year.
Will keep you all updated.
Changing out subframe(s) will put you on 1199 pieces. Not to mention the awesome lightweight aftermarket sub frames available.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
you can also change out the subframes for 1299 pieces - either way, the CF Frame Covers for the 1199 or 1299 will not fit - you must get the 959 Frame Covers like these

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ordered bodywork from Moto Xp Ricambi. They will do custom paint and decals, and it is only a week urn around.
ECS suggested them. They said they have used their stuff before, and it is of good quality.
I was in touch with Armour Bodies months ago, and they told me mid fall.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered bodywork from Moto Xp Ricambi. They will do custom paint and decals, and it is only a week urn around.
ECS suggested them. They said they have used their stuff before, and it is of good quality.
I was in touch with Armour Bodies months ago, and they told me mid fall.
Nice! I'm guessing pretty recently? I'd love to hear how it is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
They told me that they should ship by the end of this week. I sent them payment on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought a set of MotoXP fairings for my 848. Fit was much better than the POS Hotbodies that broke after 3 trackdays. I would buy a set for the 959.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I bought a set of MotoXP fairings for my 848. Fit was much better than the POS Hotbodies that broke after 3 trackdays. I would buy a set for the 959.
Interesting. What do they run? I've only used Hotbodies and Sharkskins (current) The Sharkskins are far superior to the Hotbodies, but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Interesting. What do they run? I've only used Hotbodies and Sharkskins (current) The Sharkskins are far superior to the Hotbodies, but you get what you pay for.
I paid around $800USD for the set last year. I bought the set primarily as a backup to the Sharkskins which have a thicker fiberglass body than the MotoXP. I agree, you get what you pay for, the Hotbodies I would never buy again.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I paid around $800USD for the set last year. I bought the set primarily as a backup to the Sharkskins which have a thicker fiberglass body than the MotoXP. I agree, you get what you pay for, the Hotbodies I would never buy again.
That makes sense. What area of Ohio are you in?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey @rrcap2001,

How did the MotoXP set turn out for your 959?

·
Registered
32 Posts
They shipped today. They told me their painter was out sick last week. Hoping to have them at the beginning of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
As the Tri-options cup here in the UK is going 959 next year Ducati Coventry are having proper race fairings made now.
Their 899 version is very good quality but a bit pricey.

·
Registered
215 Posts
bump. armour bodies will not be making a set of 1299/959 fairings...

MotoXP
CRC
Sebimoto

these are the places currently offering 959/1299 specific fairings. I'll dig in on the Ducati Coventry ones and see whats going on there.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts