Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Guess Ducati assumes that you'll take it on track where fuel is most likely to be nearby instead of long rides into the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I thinky're assuming that the back breaker ergos of the panigale and next to zero storage space kind of rule it out as a long distance tourer ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Still in the run in period, but Im getting about 175km before the petrol light comes on (Avg about 6.4L / 100km). takes between 11 & 12 L to fill from when light first comes on which leaves 5 -6 L in reserve. Not terrible but not great. Im yet to experiment with the fuel economy in the different riding modes.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Still in the run in period, but Im getting about 175km before the petrol light comes on (Avg about 6.4L / 100km). takes between 11 & 12 L to fill from when light first comes on which leaves 5 -6 L in reserve. Not terrible but not great. Im yet to experiment with the fuel economy in the different riding modes.
Once you go race mode, you'll never go back! 😄

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Yep, which is sufficient for riding in populated areas. But when riding in some of the more remote areas of Australia, when that light comes on you may not make it to the next town. So carrying some extra fuel becomes necessary.
I always reset my trip odometer on my street bike after a fill up so I know (approx) how many miles I have until the reserve light comes on.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Alright, I'll keep beating this dead horse. For the 959, when you reset the A trip odometer, it resets the average fuel consumption calculator. So, if you do that when you fill up then using math you can figure out how many gallons of gas that you have used with the following formula:

miles traveled/miles per gallon gives you gallons used

And of course the bike knows when you have 1.3 gallons left (since the fuel light comes on). It would be so much more convenient if you could just see (could be in a menu option) how much gas was left so then you could see if there was 3/4 tank, 1/2 tank, 1/4 tank, etc. But maybe in the future. I'll quit bitchin' and just enjoy this amazing bike and do the simple math. If I get too confused, I can use my smart phone. :)

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Alright, I'll keep beating this dead horse. For the 959, when you reset the A trip odometer, it resets the average fuel consumption calculator.
I did not know that. Thanks for beating the horse just a little more!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Thanks for beating the horse just a little more!
Maybe Ducati could upgrade the firmware to show "distance to empty" when the fuel light comes on instead of "distance traveled".

Reactions: NCducati959

·
Registered
9 Posts
I still haven't figured out how to set the clock on my 959. The manual is at my brother's house, and I thought I could intuitively just do it, but couldn't :)

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I still haven't figured out how to set the clock on my 959. The manual is at my brother's house, and I thought I could intuitively just do it, but couldn't :)

BTW, you may download the Ducati 959 owner's manual in PDF on this page:
Ducati

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Maybe Ducati could upgrade the firmware to show "distance to empty" when the fuel light comes on instead of "distance traveled".
I was thinking about this just the other day when mine came on. I can only assume everyone's, "distance to empty" is going to vary by riding style. Depending on if I'm commuting to work or cruising can be a huge difference...

6th @ 4000
or 2/3 @6500+/-

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I was thinking about this just the other day when mine came on. I can only assume everyone's, "distance to empty" is going to vary by riding style. Depending on if I'm commuting to work or cruising can be a huge difference...

6th @ 4000
or 2/3 @6500+/-
Absolutely.
The "distance to empty" would be different for everyone based on what the computer's algorithm calculates for each person's fuel consumption.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts