Ducati has unleashed a wave of confusion after EICMA. It seems they haven't done a particularly good job of distinguishing between the two different, market specific exhausts.
We're here to talk about the Euro lateral cannon exhaust.
The new exhaust is in direct response to the new Euro 4 regulations constraining all manufacturers who wish to sell products in Europe:
- 2016: New bike emission demands (CO 1.14 THC 0.17 NOx 0.09)
- 2016: ABS on new models required
- 2016: emission reading OBD
- 2016: Charcoal canister (Ask Cali 899 owners about how good it works)
- 2016: Changed values and methods for noise and emissions tests
- 2017: Emission demands from Euro4 applies to all new bikes(old models)
- 2017: ABS demand (new bikes,old models)
- 2020: Emission demands tighter (particle cleaning included) CO 1.00 / THC 0.10 / NOx 0.060 / Particles 0.0045*
- 2020: 80dB .... yes, 80dB. the 899 will be a king of history.
- 2020: demanded OBD to alarm for faulty emissions (lambda light)
It seems that there will be fewer DIY catalyzer work arounds. In order to get rid of the cat it seems either you must replace the entire exhaust system with something homologated by Akra or Termi or you're looking at fabricating a new pipe where the cat used to be...