Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used these Acebikes Tyre Fix straps? From what I saw in this video, they look like they secure the bike very solidly in this video. It may end up being overkill. I have the same motorcycle carrier from the video on the way (should be arriving this Friday):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE8s_G_SqWA&feature=youtu.be&t=66

Here's another link for the product. I believe $124.95 would only give you one. So, to secure it like he did in the video would be $250 (which is the same cost as the carrier). So, maybe a canyon dancer II + a ratchet around the rear wheel is sufficient. Thoughts?
Acebikes Tyre Fix Motorcycle Tie-Down Strap - webBikeWorld

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am looking at getting the SMC-600R myself and would think that in all reality, for getting from Seattle to the Ridge or Pacific or frankly, even Portland that the Canyon dancers in the front and the Acebikes in the rear would be more than enough... having the Ace and the CDII in the front seems like overkill. I drove a truck home from the dealership with nothing more than some soft straps and tie downs on the front when I bought the bike and while I was being very careful, it didn't move at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts