Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Nice!! The PG 717's have become my favorites.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love these grips, they look and feel amazing. I will try and get some videos of the exhaust once summer rolls around. Shes a garage queen right now since I live in New York. I did end up breaking that stupid throttle cover which has cheap little plastic tabs holding it on the bars. Nothing a few roll pins and 3m double sided auto tape didn't fix though. Word to the wise, be really careful while installing grips on the throttle side!

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
A quick tip for changing out grips - To remove old grips, gently stick a philips head screwdriver in between the bar and the grip. Spray liberal amounts of carburetor cleaner (Using the little red straw) in the gap where you have the screwdriver. Pull out the screw driver and wiggle the grip back and fourth a few times. It will slide right off. When installing the new grips - spray a heavy dose of carb cleaner on the inside of the grip and immediately slide it on. You may have to wiggle it back and fourth a few times but it should slide right on. The grip will turn on the bar at first, but the carb cleaner will evaporate within a few minutes. If you need more adhesion, safety wire the grip on both ends. Most grips will have indentations for this.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks great! Interested in info on the Termi. Full or slip-on and roughly what was the cost? Also, did you remap the bike?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
...When installing the new grips - spray a heavy dose of carb cleaner on the inside of the grip and immediately slide it on. You may have to wiggle it back and fourth a few times but it should slide right on. The grip will turn on the bar at first, but the carb cleaner will evaporate within a few minutes. If you need more adhesion, safety wire the grip on both ends. Most grips will have indentations for this.
What's even better and easier than the carb cleaner is a set of stainless steel tie wraps, like the kind used to secure heat wrap on an exhaust - slide them in under the grip, one at each 15 minute mark on the clock to make it super easy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great! Interested in info on the Termi. Full or slip-on and roughly what was the cost? Also, did you remap the bike?
I picked up my slip on for $2,188 from motowheels.com. Helpful customer service, fast shipping, and great prices. I haven't gotten a chance to take a decent video yet since the weather is still crud and the bike is due for an oil change. I have not remapped the bike yet but I plan on taking it to my mechanic who has a rexxer or another option is I may try out Termi's T800 bluetooth upmap that was recently released for the 959.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A quick tip for changing out grips - To remove old grips, gently stick a philips head screwdriver in between the bar and the grip. Spray liberal amounts of carburetor cleaner (Using the little red straw) in the gap where you have the screwdriver. Pull out the screw driver and wiggle the grip back and fourth a few times. It will slide right off. When installing the new grips - spray a heavy dose of carb cleaner on the inside of the grip and immediately slide it on. You may have to wiggle it back and fourth a few times but it should slide right on. The grip will turn on the bar at first, but the carb cleaner will evaporate within a few minutes. If you need more adhesion, safety wire the grip on both ends. Most grips will have indentations for this.
Thank you for the tip but I used the hair spray method. The throttle side was fighting me which i'm still use to the Japanese bikes since I had an R6 before my 959 which is why i broke that cover... but the brake side slid on without any issues.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
What's even better and easier than the carb cleaner is a set of stainless steel tie wraps, like the kind used to secure heat wrap on an exhaust - slide them in under the grip, one at each 15 minute mark on the clock to make it super easy.
Ah! That's neat. Do they work when installing them?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts