Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have any of you added or thought about adding a third wheel to your Pit-Bull stand handle to facilitate moving the bike a few feet back and forth?
If yes, can you post some photos for ideas?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Do you mean the rear stand or the front? Or Both?
I have a Woodcraft rear that I don't need a wheel on, it's got steel tabs that are welded to the tube for protection and it allows me to scoot the bike forward or back with relative ease. I do it all the time when I'm cleaning my front wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean the rear stand or the front? Or Both?
I have a Woodcraft rear that I don't need a wheel on, it's got steel tabs that are welded to the tube for protection and it allows me to scoot the bike forward or back with relative ease. I do it all the time when I'm cleaning my front wheel.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was just thinking about the rear although I have the front as well but I switch it from bike to bike. Right now it's rough on both the stand and the floor when I move the bike while on the rear stand.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I do the same on mine, use it as a dolly of sorts for short distances. I move it maybe 1-2 feet at a time.

My garage's concrete is pretty smooth so haven't had problems with the grinding. I've pushed my bike on both the front and rear stands, but prefer to push it around on only the rear as I can steer a little. Otherwise, I just take my bike off the stands and move it around on two wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts