Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm wanting to buy what will probably end up being a significant amount of Carbon Parts for my damaged 959 Corse. Every panel bar one, will need re-painting or replacing, so I'm figuring I might as well go full carbon. The plan is to do a Corse scheme with the Superleggera-like Carbon accents.

To that end I've been drawing up some spreadsheets on prices on the same parts from various suppliers, e.g.: Carbonvani, FullSix, F&F, RSRMoto/MotoComposites (who look like the same company). There's a big difference in pricing, though some parts are made in Slovenia and some are made in China, so not surprising. Then you've got Carbon/Fiberglass options, price differences between retailers, retailer discounts (some here) and sales like Black Friday. Unfortunately for me the low NZD/USD exchange rate and the high cost of USPS also has a bearing on where I get my parts from. I've worked out a bit of a strategy, probably using RSR Moto for small parts and FullSix for large Panels. I'll probably save up a bit and then do one big purchase.

Not every manufacturer has every part I want, so for those of you who have mixed and matched carbon parts, can you tell me if you've been happy with the compatibility of the weave, and between which suppliers. And if there's been a colour difference too. I'm going for a plain matte weave.

Thanks in advance. H

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Dingo! 🙏 Your blood is worth bottling cobber! (And if you're not an Auzzie, you'll have fun working out what that means!) Will make a big difference to my broken bike. Much appreciated.
I've PM'd you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I bought some Full Six Airtube Covers off another Forum Member. Useful to have a look at the weave compared to the DP stuff (looks the same) as I'm looking to buy quite a few parts, but I was disappointed with the quality. Full Six talks about how they vacuum bag and Autoclave their parts, yet there are different pieces of cloth on this one (where they could have used one) and the joins and seams are obvious, plus there are obvious unsightly ridges. Full Six was my preferred manufacturer, probably bought through Conquest, but if this is typical of Full Six quality, I wont be going there.
Can anyone else comment?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hamish, how did you get on with your research. I have just brought a crashed one and it sound like its pretty much the same almost every panel plus tank. Andy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hamish, how did you get on with your research. I have just brought a crashed one and it sound like its pretty much the same almost every panel plus tank. Andy
Hi Andy,
Yep, they don't crash well. Though mine wasn't as bad as I first thought. Just EXPENSIVE! Your steeing locks will be snapped, your mid-pipe pipe may be dinged and you might have swingarm damage as well.
For the price of Factory Plastics, I think Carbon is definitely worth considering. There are a couple of 899/959s that have been done in the 1299 Superleggera scheme that look incredible. I'm going to stick with the Factory Corse paint job though, which goes with my Dainese gear and Lid.
I contacted FullSix re the above, but they haven't responded to me... and right now I'm too busy with work to chase them. I'm hoping there might be some deals to be had to stimulate some business....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have all motocomposites matte twill carbon on my bike as well. I really like it. Good quality, easy to work with if you have figment issues, and good price. I actually sent them some of my original parts (exhaust end caps, left and right engine covers) to have them make molds for carbon fiber parts. They aren’t the quickest to get parts that aren’t in stock but worth the wait.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts