Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my bike for sport-touring, and aggressive canyon riding on sometimes very bumpy roads. The stock seat is not horrible, in fact it's not even that bad, especially for shorter rides... but it would wear on me when doing extended and aggressive miles. It was only a matter of time before getting it replaced. I was a bit weary of the DP Comfort Seat, based on what I read on other forums. For the most part, people had good things to say, although I was still a bit concerned that I'd be sitting too high, that I would no longer be sitting 'in' the bike, but rather on 'top' of the bike, that I'd be tip-toeing it pretty hard core (I'm 5'7"), and that it'd be hard to do aggressive riding with the added 'squishyness'. So let me answer some of those questions for you. 1) Yes, you absolutely notice that you're sitting on top of the bike rather than sitting in it. It was awkward at first. But after some time, I started getting used to it, and now I never think about it. I can ride just as aggressively as before. Not a limiting factor 2) Yah, I'm tip-toeing it a lot more. That felt weird at first. But I'm used to it now and never think about it. I grew up riding huge dirk bikes when I was a kid so I'm used that feel of not being able to flat foot but I still definitely feel safe and in control when stopped. 3) The 'squishyness' was distracting at first when riding hard. Like already mentioned, it took some time to get used to it and now I never think about it and it doesn't limit me in any way. Other than that, the seat is very comfortable. It's definitely worth the upgrade. My tail never gets sore anymore, and barely gets tired on longer rides. My shoulders and neck are now becoming the limiting factor and point of awareness (not from the added height of the seat - just from riding long and hard miles in general) when it used to be my tail being sore that got noticed first on longer rides. Let me know if you have any questions!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Reactions: GL68
1 - 3 of 3 Posts