Ducati 959 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am a new owner of the 2016 959.

At the moment, there is one thing that I wanted to customize, the rest is about maintenance, which is not a problem.

Anyways, wanted to see, if anyone tried having headlight customized by adding a sort of colored accent into the light assembly?
I wanted to add something red. I don't think halos will look right, but maybe they will, I am not sure. Just wanted to find out if someone managed to complete such project. If yes, what kind of lights were used and what kind of switch was insterted (assuming red/blue lights were used)?
Thanks

·
Registered
892 Posts
Reactions: DrFenter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Okay, I did some research and installing a switch to the LED strip is not a problem, many people do that especially if they have red or blue leds/halos in the front.

These 2 colors are illegal to drive with on public roads in all states. Now, I see that the majority of LED strips and accents have LED 'dots', that are visible.

I thought of installing a strip that will have a sort of even glow. I was looking at Oracle products, but for now saw only halo rings that have that even glow.
https://www.motorcycleid.com/oracle-lighting/info/halo-colors.html
I will keep working on this project then and will keep you posted on the results. Feel free to comment on what you think on this... Thanks

·
Registered
892 Posts
That's definitely a trade-off between consistency and brightness. You could add a strip of some translucent material for diffusion so you get less of the dotted look.

Depends on what you're trying to achieve as well. Not speaking to the legality, but would this mod be primarily for day or night use?

Reactions: DrFenter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought of using it both day and night, but I did not think of driving with the red strip on. That's why I thought of adding a switch so that I could turn this strip on and off when needed.

I am aware of the legal aspect, and do not want to get a ticket, so...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts